Factory Floor (1 Viewer)

Jasper

Much hyped but bleedin deadly! Hopefully someone will bring them over for a gig soon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I must say I find techno played on "real Instruments"to be one of the most pointless things ever.

whats wrong with doing it on a computer?

I must say I find techno played on "real Instruments"to be one of the most pointless things ever.

Ah what!?! Tell that to Konono no 1,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"Gesus lads, hav ya not heard of bleedin' fruityloops?"

I'd agree with you 99% of the time (the introduction of a "live" drummer or, even worse, a guitarist has ruined many electronic acts) but i think Factory Floor are an exception.

They do have a great sound in that clip.But I always just think "gimmick" when I see an act like that.

One lad with a lappy could do it all with no need for even a mic.

"Hey heres my guitar...check it out it triggers mad sounds....am I rad or what?"

not really disagreeing, but gigs where its just one guy with a laptop are shit. its like being in a internet cafe where the music is too loud.
Depends where and when. 9pm in Whelans is a lot different from 2am in Twisted Pepper.

Depends where and when. 9pm in Whelans is a lot different from 2am in Twisted Pepper.

in my case yes, because i would have about a pint in me at 9pm, and at 2am i'd be locked and probably monged and the sound of taxi's driving past would be far out and all that. and my tolerance for where the sound was coming from would be compromised. i'm not on an anti laptops at gigs tirade, just if its the only thing on stage then i think its a bit shit. in my head they are just playing their itunes and tweeting about what a bunch of suckers came to the gig, even a little vox or just some sort of physical thing where i can tell they are interacting with the sound that comes out is good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back