Electric Picnic 2009 (7 Viewers)

Hardly. I saw more families than ever this year and way more people over 50. If anything I thought it'd gotten tamer. Quite happy to let the lads run about. Only steered them away from dickheads once. So I bet they were the ones who hit up Avernus. Were they all overweight in tracksuits?

I dunno.. this was my third time there (06, 07 & 09) and this year I saw far more aggressive scumbag types. It was weird.

Sorry to here that Avernus.Fucking bad buzz.

I heard your mate telling Joe Duffy today.Was sickened.

Fair play for trying to help out your friends. Would have been easy to stand to one side.

I know a guy with a black belt or something in Judo and he and his friend were attacked a few years ago in the street, broad daylight. He couldn't use the judo though coz they broke his jaw first thing and he was dazed. What a bummer.

Ahh G don't be like that.Could happen anywhere.

People are generally cool.Lets not forget that people!
ah yeah no i agree gazzer. its just a percentage that some people run into.
although, of all the european festivals ive been to ive never experienced that kinda of behaviour and ive experienced my fair share over here.

ah yeah no i agree gazzer. its just a percentage that some people run into.
although, of all the european festivals ive been to ive never experienced that kinda of behaviour and ive experienced my fair share over here.

I saw a mad row between Yardies at Glastonbury on the Monday morning.
I was shiteing it I can tell you.

scumbag element has increased tenfold since the beginning.

it was the worst picnic so far but i did have a good time. saturday @ chic was amazing, i had my best air bass moment.

highlights were explosions in the sky, jape & 2 many dj's.

low lights was having to leave early sunday due to food poising and missing flaming lips but by the sounds of it, it was a very similar show to ep 05 so not too gutted.

stayed in a hotel this year which organized a shuttle bus to ep there and back each day. fantastic service.

sorry to hear about people's shit buzz but that wasn't my experience at all. I was only down friday and saturday (came home for the hurling), and loved every minute of it.

I did see some tracksuit clad youngsters menacingly floating about the place, but very few. And on the friday I was up the front queuing to get into the arena at about 4pm. Security couldn't open the gates because there were still some running repairs going on to the electric arena tent, and the crowd really started backing up down the road (this was over by the entrance at the back of body and soul). Vans and ambulances were trying to get by and created a very dangerous situation for those out on the road. Some pissed drunk nordie started getting agro with one of the english security guys (its fair to make a distinction because usually the irish ones are more inclined to see reason) and a fight nearly broke out up there. It calmed eventually when the security guard threatened to have him ejected altogether from the festival.

Musically it was great. Very much a retro-fest for me - some or all of Flock of Seagulls, Brian Wilson, Madness, ABC, Magazine, Orbital. Cap pas Cap and 8 Ball were great (though some of the new 8 Ball stuff is a little dodgy) - missed Jape to go see Magnolia Electric Company who were deadly but Jason Molina's vocal could have been a little louder.

Caught 1.5 songs of MGMT and they were shite. Saw about 20 mins of Whitest Boy Alive and they were really good. The XX were surprisingly good (didn't really know them beforehand). Saw the Temper Trap who weren't really good but had one catchy tune. But the surprise highlights for me were Chequerboard down in body and soul (hes great anyway, but something about listening to him in that setting), and Tunng on the main stage who were just incredible I thought (great band anyway).

I was gutted to miss the sunday, but loved every minute I was there. And the mud wasn't all that bad. It was mainly in the jacks and in the entrances and exits to places.

Also, I met some of the coolest people anywhere there. My experience is a million miles from some of those recounted here. So sorry for your troubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back