Dune - The Jodorowsky Version (1 Viewer)

I have yet to see the long version but i know that Lynch disowned it. He had his name changed to Alan Smithee in the credits and on the packaging.

from imdb:
Nowhere. It just does not exist. The closest we have to David Lynch's original vision is the theatrical release. Some people sometimes refer to the extended TV cut as the "director's cut" (and some even dare to offer copies of it in various auction sites under that label,) but that couldn't be further removed from reality, as that version was rejected by Lynch to the point of deleting his name from the credits. A legal DVD of "Dune: The Director's Cut" exists, but that's for the 2000 Sci-Fi Channel miniseries, not this film.

However, the cast and crew of Lynch's "Dune" have confirmed that Lynch showed them an 'assembly cut' of the film shortly after principal photography wrapped. Although the film had yet to go through post-production, the reaction was very positive. This cut has not been seen since (as is the case with any assembly cut).

The craziest science fiction movie i have ever seen.. watched it with jetlag last night and had some intense dreams

does anyone know if it's based on a true story?

Anyway, this thread is about the version that Jodorowsky was trying to make.. ten hours long, Dali, H. R. Giger all with a soundtrack by Pink Floyd

Alejandro Jodorowsky - Unseen Dune - Dune - Behind The Scenes

crazy

anyway, i love the David Lynch version too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back