• Thread starter Dan
  • Start date
  • Replies 31
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 0

Dan

Website
www.denizensofilk.com
Why would you be arsed, theres better things to do on Friday, like going to Doyles to see The denizens of ilk, Steerage and Pawns in Ea. Come along around 9, costs only €4..

Voting !bog

Doyles .|..|

Any thumpders down Cork way on Saturday can see The denizens of ilk playing in Fred Zeppelins with Weevil and Collapse In (Waiting Room had to cancel because someones sick). Same story..starts around 9, costs €4.

a french girl who works with me was telling me that in order to vote in the french general election she filled out a form and sent it home, giving her mother permission to vote on her behalf.

of course, theres no way that anyone would know how she voted, its just her mothers word, but i think its an interesting concept.

thats not available in this country, is it?

Originally posted by herv
a french girl who works with me was telling me that in order to vote in the french general election she filled out a form and sent it home, giving her mother permission to vote on her behalf.

of course, theres no way that anyone would know how she voted, its just her mothers word, but i think its an interesting concept.

thats not available in this country, is it?

thass voting by proxy non? cannae do it here.
cannae post-vote from abroad.

with all the 'puters going around you should be able to vote from anywhere.

Originally posted by Dan
Why would you be arsed, theres better things to do on Friday, like going to Doyles to see The denizens of ilk, Steerage and Pawns in Ea. Come along around 9, costs only €4..

Voting !bog

Doyles .|..|

Any thumpders down Cork way on Saturday can see The denizens of ilk playing in Fred Zeppelins with Weevil and Collapse In (Waiting Room had to cancel because someones sick). Same story..starts around 9, costs €4.

i can't believe you started a post to entice people not to vote. if you're serious about this (and not just trying to advertise the gig) then i am disgusted. if you don't vote then you have no right to complain about any politics at all, at the very least spoil your vote but not voting is just fuckin lazy. i'm not big into politics in any way but (to be cliched) people died to get the fuckin vote, if you don't use it in some way then you have no right to question the running of our country or indeed the way any country is run,

Aah jaysus, everyone at work wants my blood too.. what a fucking day

1. Stupid way to advertise because most people who aren't interested in politics are going to think this thread is political and aren't going to read this..

2. I'm sorry, I'm not serious, I myself was giving out about people who won't vote on thumped before. PLEASE VOTE IF YOU CAN. The gig starts at 9, so you can hardly take it seriously in thinking that you have a choice of going to a gig or voting. I was tired as usual and as a result not thinking straight.

3. NPD, C4o and stoat are playing in Whelans the same night, so nobody here is going to bother going anyway.

NOw, fuck off..

Re: Re: Don't Vote

Originally posted by pad
i can't believe you started a post to entice people not to vote. if you're serious about this (and not just trying to advertise the gig) then i am disgusted. if you don't vote then you have no right to complain about any politics at all, at the very least spoil your vote but not voting is just fuckin lazy. i'm not big into politics in any way but (to be cliched) people died to get the fuckin vote, if you don't use it in some way then you have no right to question the running of our country or indeed the way any country is run

pad, people died while attempting to impose Nazi rule on Europe, while colonizing Africa, while engaging in ethnic cleansing. Just cos people died for something doesn't mean it's worthwhile.

You get your right to a say in the way 'our country is run' from the fact that you live here, and decisions made about the running of the place affect you personally. Not voting doesn't change that

Voting is probably one of the least effective way of changing the way a country is run. Like how much difference will it make if a different mainstream party is in power?!? Fuck all!

thanks for listening

mainstream politics = !bog

Originally posted by Gav
Voting is probably one of the least effective way of changing the way a country is run. Like how much difference will it make if a different mainstream party is in power?!? Fuck all!

thanks for listening

mainstream politics = !bog

Gav = .|..|

getting back to my analogy:
say voting in the GE is like having breakfast... but in ireland all you have to choose from are 6 different kinds of porridge - what happened to the cornflakes? :p

Originally posted by conor

Gav = .|..|

getting back to my analogy:
say voting in the GE is like having breakfast... but in ireland all you have to choose from are 6 different kinds of porridge - what happened are the cornflakes? :p

Thanks Connor

Connor =.|..| .|..|

The cornflakes nearly ran out. The remaining flakes got poured into the porridge packet, hence getting "watered down" so much that you can no longer find any corflakes at all.

Conor, best analogy ever!! ;)

Although you should make the effort to say you don't want porridge i.e. spoil your vote, this is your way of saying your not happy with any of the parties or candidates..or in this case any particular brand of porridge.

Alright, alo's coming!!! Woohoo!! :D

Originally posted by Dan
Conor, best analogy ever!! ;)

Although you should make the effort to say you don't want porridge i.e. spoil your vote, this is your way of saying your not happy with any of the parties or candidates..or in this case any particular brand of porridge.

Alright, alo's coming!!! Woohoo!! :D

back a few months there (in between getting savaged for mistakenly not being registered) i'd suggested that there should be an official way of voicing disapproval with the system rather than spoiling your vote - someone said you can vote for "note of the above" in Oz? coraline was telling me that this time around with the 'puters you can't even spoil your vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back