Dinosaur Jr AND Built To Spill (1 Viewer)

Galway was excellent, very very loud. Built to Spill really impressed me, had never seen them live before, the guitar lines are amazing

Dinosaur were without Murph who's sick, but really impressed too. played a good bit of early stuff, Forget the Swan was awesome, so was Little Fury Things, only did 2 from the newest album. ears felt pretty rough after

NO MURPH!!! ah no, who's filling in on skins so? I want to hear Farm from start to finish!

Kyle from Feathers i think. he did a good job!

Who's also Kyle from Witch who Mascis drums with, makes sense.

How was the gig tonight, I heard a report that the sound was dodgy?

Edit: it seems it was actually Kyle Spence from Harvey Milk on drums.

I've tried a number of times over the years, but I just don't get Built To Spill.

I thought Dinosaur were great myself, and from where I was standing the sound was fantastic. Feel the Pain was amazing.

I thought the sound was great, even for the 3 BTS songs I saw. Nice to see a "support" and with great sound. Kyle did a great job on the drums, but Dinosaur drums lines are so tightly written that all he had to do was get it right and nobody would notice the difference. A bit more audience interaction would have changed the atmos for the better, the band seemed grumpy. But then you've got to give it to get it back and the crowd, while large, was fucking dead. I was ashamed. Dinosaur - 1 : Dublin - 0

Deffo the weakest Djr gig I've been to since the reunion. Dunno if it was the no Murph or what, but it seemed to be lacking in atmosphere. Felt like I was trying too hard to enjoy it. The Acadamy show 2(?)years ago was sublime in its amazingness.
But the bits that kicked ass, kicked ass...

great gig but the crowd, bar a few, were totally lame. no atmosphere at all. sound in vicar st is the dogs.

great gig but the crowd, bar a few, were totally lame. no atmosphere at all. sound in vicar st is the dogs.

what's new, man. it was the exact same at Sonic Youth back in December. you feel like you're in a museum. i understand different people have different ways of enjoying gigs, but gig-goers in Ireland need to wake up a bit. the best gigs i've ever been to have been ones where the crowd and the band have been feeding off each other's energy, where it's a communal thing. but it's a rarity now.

A two thirds full venue full of old folk on a Tuesday night, what were people expecting?

In saying that, lou did have ladies underwear thrown at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back