Dead Elvis Archive: A Work In Progress: Help Welcomed: Updates (1 Viewer)

eeekkk

I've started to archive materials and tracks from, and tell the story of, Dead Elvis - a label which existed in Dublin between 1994 and 1999. I helped run the label from start to finish. I am really into capturing a sense of the time and of the broader independent culture which the label was part of at the time. The archive is starting to fill up with tracks, stills and accounts: http://deadelvisarchive.tumblr.com/archive

I don't want to write it on my own. I couldn't even if I wanted to as my memory is waaay too shot. An assortment of generous people are already helping me with bits and pieces of their time to jog my memory. Any written pieces, tracks, live recordings, photos, video materials etc that people think are relevant would be extremely welcome. It's not meant to be a narrowly defined archive - anything with a remote connection to the label, to 147 Parnell St between 1993 and 1997, to any of the label's bands, gigs run by the label etc. is of interest.

I'm going to use this thread to let people know when new posts go up on the blog. Please also use it to add to any of the posts, or to the project generally, with any further information or reminiscences you have.

Blog front page: http://deadelvisarchive.tumblr.com
Twitter: deadelvis_blog
Twitter:
Facebook: Eamonn Crudden

I think I might have some photo's of the Welcome Inn (circa that time) in the attic...I'll have a look.

Wow, brilliant stuff. Great to see Pincher Martin there and up on myspace. Saw their singer play Amaze at a commune place in Dublin a few years ago, absolutely brilliant. Will forward this on to a few friends whom may be some help.
Adrian

thanks all. will indeed be keeping it up. got a lot of songs to share - and many tales still to tell. PLEASE ask others who were around at the time to write stuff about anything with a direct or tangential link to the label/bands. And photos. I have nada nada nada from the time. some scenesters must have had cameras!!!

That's a super idea. One of their tracks - I think! - is on Zip up Your Boots. Marc recorded it? Right?

I might have some sort of Jam Jar Jail tape somewhere ..... By the way, do you know Shane (or Chane?) now lives in LA and has just moved his entire band (Surgeon Marta) into an old disused lunatic asylum for use as band house/practice space etc. Big Daddy Sloth will know more about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back