david kitt covers album? (1 Viewer)

did someoen say "cover of the david kitt album?"

davidkittdrugsalbum.jpg

Robbie Analog said:
My first David Kitt experience was at Reading many years ago. First he butchered 'Love is a battlefield' by Pat Benatar. Then he started a twee version of 'Transmission' by Joy Division. I ran from the tent holding my ears, how can you twee-up Joy Division?

I never heard him do Transmission, but I heard him do Love is A Battlefield in the Black Box in Galway a few years ago. I thought it was a great version.

portrid said:
Respect to susanlawly for that drugs album pic

I really think this David Kitt fella has gone too far. Teenage Riot shouldn't ever be covered, Pale Blue eyes is also perfect. He can fuck off thats what he can do. He should call his album 'David's Quilts and other misadventures'.

Donkey OJ said:
David will be releasing his long awaited covers album, "The Black And Red Notebook", in late September on his (as-yet-untitled) new independent label.
and what was the hugely impressive title that Kittser came up with for his new independent label:

!cheezyDublin Discs!cheezy

As if that wasn't bad enough in itself it has the most offensively crap logo I have ever seen.

SadieOutlaw said:
the original is so lovely, the cover just doesn't do it for me at all, in fact i'm surprised anyone thought it was a good idea.:confused:
i think you might be just a bit too clever for your own good. give the guy a break...

so i hear he did a cover of teenage riot?

i was struggling to think of something more pointless than this thing for a while...

pregkey-but-2003.gif

from dave's website...

The Black And Red Notebook

This is a collection of songs I began working on in January 2004. The idea was to get under the surface of other people’s songs and to live and breathe them as if I’d written them myself. This, I hoped, would create a lot of new music.

slowey, are you related to kittser?

Skink said:
young Kitt was DJing in the Village after Mark Lanegan, playing some easy-listenin-lounge music, went up and asked him to play some Sonic Youth -- he said he'd never heard of them

I'd like to ask if you're to blame then, but this whole thread has become another Thumped public lynching of an independent artist that I don't really want to be a part of it. Its sad really, everyone trying to convince each other how much cooler they are than X.

I went to see David Kitt the other week, the people were entertained. He also managed to bring in the biggest concentration of really cute women i've ever seen at any small gig which is the most important thing of all........

SadieOutlaw said:
i just heard mr. kitts version of 'pressure drop' on the radio :eek:

yep, heard it too, on the mystery train. It was shocking. Shudder to think what the rest of the album is like. It was reviewed in the guardian last friday and they were not kind.

poor kitt-katt. i blame the parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back