Crass live in Belfast - 1982 (1 Viewer)

dregin

Website
www.paddypunk.net
oh? not sure... this came from a tape the guy found somewhere anyway. I was under the impression that he'd just traded for a bootleg of the gig. He doesnt go into any detail of it's origins in the thread. I'll ask him.

I just have a vague memory of a tape being available at some of the earlier gigs I went to. Not sure how legitamate a release it was or if it was released by Warzone as a proper release. Warzone used to have a smallish tape distro at some gigs. The only one I still have from then is the Asylum demo.

just listening to a few of the tracks now and the quality is very good, esp. for a tape, and for music like crass, from 82!
thanks for the link dregin!

No worries. Just lookin forward to the London gigs all the more now :) Not sure what to expect but hopefully they'll be something to have fond memories of instead of a communal lining of the pockets for those involved.....

yeah see you there at that in november. i am not building it up, as when you do that the gigs ends up being shite. just like conflict last year in london when i seen em. shite.

Not sure how legitamate a release it was or if it was released by Warzone as a proper release.

I talked to Petesy a few years back - CRASS were fully aware of the gig being recorded onto 2 track and gave the master to the Anarchy Centre to do with as they wished. He still has the original master and did at one point mention that he was considering put it out on vinyl with CRASS style packaging.

It was both legit and one of the Warzone tapes.

He should do,like that demos lp from a short while back,it would be a sure seller.
Mac,don't suppose you are aware of all the other Warzone tapes releases?

He should do,like that demos lp from a short while back,it would be a sure seller.
Mac,don't suppose you are aware of all the other Warzone tapes releases?

I think I might have an old flyer listing them about somewhere, but I sure ain't going to start looking for it now. Off the top of my head I can only think of a few for sure:

FUAL - Veganic Wind
DIRT/Sledgehammer live
Pink Turds In Space demo - the one with Jerusalem Street No. 9 on it, there may have been more than one of their demos put out on Warzone tapes
Stalag 17 - Erection '87 (I _think_ this was on Warzone Tapes)

Sitting in front of me I have -
Never Mind The Chumbas Here's The Truth (Warzone Tapes No 26)
Plastic Jesus - A Beginners Guide To Crucifiction (No catalogue number, but apparently copy 29/100 according to the handwriting inside)
Fugazi Live In Belfast (Warzone Tapes No 23)
Sledgehammer - Money Is The Root Of All Evil (No catalogue number)

I have a feeling there were a couple of South American bands on one of them (Ocha Bolas?) and also the idea of a live Decadence Within one seems kind of plausible.

I think I have the Sledghammer live stuff. PTIS was then released as the lp so I foolishly gave away my tape. I have the Plastic Jesus demo and the Fugazi onlive one,I've long since lost my Sledghammer demo and my FUAL demo. The tape reissue of the FUAL lp was on Warzone wasn't it?
I'm curious about the South American stuff.

I'm curious about the South American stuff.

A quick check on the web shows they were actually called Ocho Bolas. I have a memory of a split tape of them and some other Chilean band being one of the Warzone tapes.

Seems that Veganic Wind was tape number 01.

Ooooh: just found an FUAL tape which dates from the Alan/Petesy/Alistair/Kate/Louanne era and was recorded onto 4-track by the sound of things. Basically their live set from the middle of '91 - some of the LP tracks and some of the newer ones that they never properly put down. Features the most metal version of 20 Years On ever... Alan pulling out those tricks prior to him doing them full time with Rectum.

Vocals are a bit low in the mix, but it is nice to hear it again after having forgotten about it for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back