Choice Music Prize (1 Viewer)

surprised duke special didnt win...
Korn3.jpg

Will someone bar me from any thread but the wet room one from midnight til 6 am?? Please. Anyway I stand by what i said. I did shave my head and I do love you all. And gorillas mot As scare now and allahquando and the like.
Yours truly,
Rummy.

Yeah, I'm still chewing over the result and trying to figure out how I feel about it.

As for the gig itself, it was a good night. Stage turnaround was pretty quick considering, and so my main concern (that it would drag) failed to materialise. Happy days.

Yer man Rigsy, who co-hosted it, holy god, I understand you're from the North, dude, and I couldn't be happier for you, but Get. Over. It. His references to the superiority of the North was relentless and really began to grate by the end of it. Duke Special spat a lot over his piano, Director moved their feet much to everyone's surprise, David Kitt made evreyone laugh lots, and the specially-done Eyebrowy went down really well (even with the Phantom bit which was *cough* a bit harsh).

Anywya, don't drink Cobra folks. Bad news.

Mr Pharmacist - was that you in the front? I was at a front row table thinking..."I've seen him before". What was the story with Mr Pap with his massive bag walking back and standing 6ft tall in front of the stage. I dunno what photographer moral code is but he seemed to be vaguely in breach.....and a bit obnoxious.

Mr Pharmacist - was that you in the front? I was at a front row table thinking..."I've seen him before". What was the story with Mr Pap with his massive bag walking back and standing 6ft tall in front of the stage. I dunno what photographer moral code is but he seemed to be vaguely in breach.....and a bit obnoxious.

no dude, that wasnt me. i was meant to go just as a punter but i was busy getting skullfucked hangover style so i wasnt going anywhere.
ye get some knob jockey photograhers alright who take the piss and get in peoples way, dunno why they bother.
speaking of vicar st, last time i was shooting there was at the flaming lips, this older photographer turned around to me and told me "never to get in the way of his lens again"
:rolleyes:

Was it free tickets/invites or a pay in job?

Well it was largely regular buy-tickets-in-ticketmaster job but sure there was probably a higher than usual media contingent, many of whom were there in part for work purposes, and who generally dont pay into things..and then a good few radio/print competition winners etc...

Here are some Mercury winners:
2006 - Arctic Monkeys
2005 - Antony and the Johnsons
2004 - Franz Ferdinand
2003 - Dizzee Rascal
2002 - Ms. Dynamite.

Now imagine like Morrissey or someone winning it. Not fair!

Hannon says he's getting an extended kitchen with the money..

Now today, everyone's saying "it's good that it's about the music, and doesn't matter who made it", but that album is blatantly not 2006's best. Jeez. And I thought the judges had to unanimously agree on a winner. Surely one person would've had the balls to say "nah, hold on, listen to this Immediate album again"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back