chilli is good for the stomach (1 Viewer)

nooleen

bad ape
Solutions
i was looking it up because the ultra-hot soup i had earlier felt like it might be doing some damage:

In animal studies chilli and its active ingredient capsaicin increases gastric blood flow and protects the stomach from damage(2,3). It also encourages the healing of experimental gastric ulcer(4). In humans, while eating chilli can cause abdominal pain, there is no damage if the stomach is examined after consumption of chilli(5). Indeed, in both animals and humans, taking a dose of chilli actually protects the stomach from subsequent damage by aspirin or alcohol (3,6).

In Singapore, Malays and Indians, who eat a lot of chilli, get peptic ulcer less frequently than Chinese, who eat less chilli.(7) In another study, patients with ulcers were found to have eaten less chilli than control subjects without ulcer, even after adjusting for patients avoiding chilli because of their symptoms(8). Chilli has also been reported to help in the treatment of functional dyspepsia (9).
http://www.jykang.co.uk/topics-of-interest.php#chilligood

that's the opposite of what i expected, but great news. not only is there no need to cut back on the chilli consumption, i can even step it up...though i daresay my arse won't thank me

if your looking for a good hot curry with lots of chili in dublin, go for punjab balti, they deliver. i have the lamb chili masala, its the best i've ever had, get it once a week. fuck loads of chili in it seeds and all, leaves you sweating but the nice taste still comes through.

www.punjabbalti.ie

i went through a whole jar of this stuff between sunday and tuesday, serious downstairs rumblings yesterday evening but it tastes so good

cppk0801_1l.jpg
cppk0801_2m.jpg

I have chilli in with me for lunch today. It's a hell of a chilli, one of my finest. No experimentation, I've honed this to beany, meaty perfection.

Sounds awesome. I likes a bit of chilli, I do. Do you do much honing of anything else you chow on?

Sounds awesome. I likes a bit of chilli, I do. Do you do much honing of anything else you chow on?

I've also honed a spicy "If the Poddle met the Mediterranean" stew/deluxe coddle I make to some kind of wonderful taste explosion.
Other stuff, not so much.

Heh.. whatta ya know.. thanks Nooly

Chilli I made yesterday was a bit of a fail, the onions were a bit more industrial strength than I had anticipated, and weren't cooked properly...

Tell me more....

Well, it involves new spuds, a load of sausages - 2 different kinds to keep it interesting. Ideally the chorizo you cook yourself plus something else, good thick sausage anyway: normal Superquinn ones will do fine. A red onion, a can of tomatoes (plus a few loose cherry tomatoes if you have them), a good beef or chicken stock, some pancetta (this is the secret incredient, it gives the whole thing a boost), garlic, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, several kinds of beans (I'd usually use chickpeas, butter beans, cannellini beans, pinto beans, things like that), a green chilli, a red chilli and some Worcestershire sauce.

I don't have time to say in what order you do what but there's no surprises really.

I wish I was eating it right now.

Well, it involves new spuds, a load of sausages - 2 different kinds to keep it interesting. Ideally the chorizo you cook yourself plus something else, good thick sausage anyway: normal Superquinn ones will do fine. A red onion, a can of tomatoes (plus a few loose cherry tomatoes if you have them), a good beef or chicken stock, some pancetta (this is the secret incredient, it gives the whole thing a boost), garlic, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, several kinds of beans (I'd usually use chickpeas, butter beans, cannellini beans, pinto beans, things like that), a green chilli, a red chilli and some Worcestershire sauce.

I don't have time to say in what order you do what but there's no surprises really.

I wish I was eating it right now.

Sounds good!

If what you're saying is make a stew with those ingredients then I like what you're saying.

So I just lash it all into a pot and the usual...correct?

Because I'm gonna try it this weekend.

Yeah. Par-boil the baby new spuds first (chop them in half or quarters before boiling), and fry up the onion with the sausages and some dry chilli flakes (forgot those) separately. Then lash everything into a big pot together.

Nooly - where do you get that?
here: http://www.asianfoodmart.co.uk/

it's in norwich...

snazzy website though, i didn't know they had one til just now.

does anyone shop at the asia market on drury street? never been in there but it looks great

http://www.asiamarket.ie/ie/product.html

they have chilli paste with sweet basil leaves in their product list (under thai products) but sweet basil isn't as good as the holy basil, there's less basil in that brand as well (i tried the 3 different types/brands from the local shop).

they have lime leaves as well, they're brilliant in thai curries

Been to hte asia market on drury street a few times -its pretty decent but i tend to go to the one near Jervis street (I'm addicted to ramen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back