Champions League 2013-14 (1 Viewer)

Fucking yes.

And the "Jose Mourinho Fillo de puta" song to the tune of the usual chelski chant ? C'mon to fuck. Amazing night. Loved it.

Jose being very philosophical in his interview. Only thinks Atletico were better for half an hour though, fucking laughable.

son of a bitch?

lovely tempo to that tune too

Actually, did the holders of the European Cup go back in the following year?
Memory is for shit.
They did, hence Forest knocking Liverpool out in 79 (was it 79). But before CL no two teams from the same country met each other in the final. This will be the sixth time, I think. Man U were the first team to win it without having qualified as champions of their league in 99.

And final fun fact for tonight is...fuck you Jose. Fuck you very much.

Bayern were suffering from a lack of competition. Couldn't raise themselves. Why didn't Gotze start, he came on and did more in his first five minutes than the rest of the team for the entire game. He was direct, at least.

Pep found out? Or is it just that when you have the best player in the world scoring insane amounts of goals, you end up looking pretty good?

Pep found out. Bayern are playing worse under him. Last season, their attack would be a barrage of passing and crossing, taking every chance to try and get through. If they lost the ball, they'd be right on to the player that had it for the other team.
This season, they'll only go for the pass if a bus could drive through the space, or if they're behind, in which case it's already too late. That's Guardiola. He gets all the possession, but the players don't play the attacking passes they should, and they don't press as much as they should off the ball. Relying too much on Robben and Ribery, who can't do much when they always have two men marking them.

C'mon though. How good were Real ? Almost perfect. Pepe and Ramos were rock solid, Contrao was excellent, Carvajal was good. Modric Alonso and Di Maria were just brilliant and the front three were awesome. When Bayern battered Barca last season it was something special, tonight was almost as good. Brilliant.

You'd almost think their team cost half a billion quid or something

just caught a small bit of Sky post match. Carra going on about Mourinho playing 6 legs of semi final champions league with chelsea. scored 2 goals in all. and this is with bottomless pockets of cash. thats a fucking disgrace. especially considering what AM turned on tonight (and all season really. late to the game appreciating these guys admittedly) and after losing their goal machine last year. so bloody relieved that Chelsea didn't go through smothering out a 1-0 or something, two 'beautiful wins' in one week would have been hard to take

What's the Spanish for schadenfreude? Or better still the Portuguese?

Tough shit Jose, and fuck you Chelsea you time wasting spoil sports. See you for the group stage draw next August.

It's an odd one. Has he been found out too, like Pep? It's gas really. Just caught Gianfranco Zola being interviewed about it on SSN. "Is possesion really that important?" he was asked. Suddenly passing is passe. Counterattacking is the way forward, or something. Two teams camped out, waiting in their own half for the other team to attack. Remember the Simpsons took teh piss out of football with Portugal vs Mexico. That's what it'll be like. The English will be vindicated! The Actual football will be outlawed!

Seemed to me the difference last night was that Athleti moved the ball quickly and smartly around the place. There was none of that for Chelsea, because he went for defensive midfielders who don't do short passing, they do running and ankle stamps, and he had no Drogba to bring people into the game. I hope to GOD they don't buy Costa. He'd suit Jose down to a t.

He started with a right back as a winger, for fucks sake! And if he'd won, he'd be a genius again!

Sack the bastard, Roman. Let him have the United job.

I like Simeone:

"I want to thank the mothers of these players we have at Atlético Madrid because they gave birth to them with balls this big," said an emotional Simeone, holding out his hands as if he were grasping an imaginary soccer ball. "The reaction of the team will stick in people's memories.

Bit of a comedian too:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's an odd one. Has he been found out too, like Pep? It's gas really. Just caught Gianfranco Zola being interviewed about it on SSN. "Is possesion really that important?" he was asked. Suddenly passing is passe. Counterattacking is the way forward, or something. Two teams camped out, waiting in their own half for the other team to attack. Remember the Simpsons took teh piss out of football with Portugal vs Mexico. That's what it'll be like. The English will be vindicated! The Actual football will be outlawed!

Seemed to me the difference last night was that Athleti moved the ball quickly and smartly around the place. There was none of that for Chelsea, because he went for defensive midfielders who don't do short passing, they do running and ankle stamps, and he had no Drogba to bring people into the game. I hope to GOD they don't buy Costa. He'd suit Jose down to a t.

He started with a right back as a winger, for fucks sake! And if he'd won, he'd be a genius again!

Sack the bastard, Roman. Let him have the United job.

Ironically Mexico and Portugal have always played with one and only one tactic, all out attack.

You're right the massive difference is the pace at which the team moves the ball, Barca in the early days and to be fair Bayern earlier this season moved so quickly it was hypnotic and great to watch but I don't think it's just down to Pep or his players though. I think the major difference is that sides have learned how to stop them moving it quickly. Like I said tiki-taka has finally run it's course, I watched Atletico vs Barca four times this season and when Atleti lost it high up the pitch they sprinted and I mean sprinted back into a back 6 and left 3 lads closing down the ball carriers and Costa up front, there was basically nowhere for Barca to go. they wouldn't move it fast enough, they don't have a spearhead at the front anymore, Xavi can't run. It was too slow. Bayern against City earlier in the season trusted Mandzukic to win a long ball or two and hold it up, I don't know what the fuck happened in the interim but it's all too fucking slow.

Bayern aren't the finished article though, Dante, Boateng and Neuer aren't good enough on the ball to play the way Pep wants to and Lewandowski is in for a massive surprise when he sees what's in store for him.

Personally I'm glad it's dead, I prefer the Everton/Liverpool attack-attack approach. Or suicideism as it's sometimes known.

In fairness, he does appear to be a goalkeeper
The way Pep plays though he's expected to take a few touches and find a pass to get them going. Valdes for example played more successful passes in the CL finals against United than Wayne Rooney.

Unfortunately for Neuer he seems to panic a hoof it quite a bit. Pep probably freaks out every time he sees that happen.

Yeah. I'd say that Lloris is probably the best for Pep's game. Good with his feet AND a great keeper. Never really rated Valdes.
True enough, Lloris is Pep's type alright. Valdes would make a decent centre half as a keeper he never comes off his line and he parries a lot of shots he should hold. Having said that if he went to Bayern he'd improve them in what Pep wants to do.

No doubting Neuer's got the best hands in the business but his feet are pretty poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back