Cave Singers, Espers, Woods at Crawdaddy - Wed 11th Nov (1 Viewer)

Really enjoyed Woods and Espers. Woods were a lot more rockin than on record but it's cool to see a band do stuff slightly different live. Loved the dude freaking out with the effects! Espers were great but think they may have played a tad too long, thus making the whole night run a lot later than planned. But they were great so it wasn't so bad. Only caught 2 Cave Singers songs then had to let it home while trying desperately to keep my Woods vinyl dry in the pissing rain. Oh I also sat down right next to Scutter and totally blanked him because I didn't recognise him. Apologies for that young Scutter! :)

no bother. You more than made up for it by filling me in on all things Woods, and for getting me the lend of that biro!

To be honest, I'd say if I saw them cold I'd have hated them too. Their records have a way of edging themselves into your brain

Very true Vincent. Took me a while to get past the voice but once I did I was hooked. Great band.

Hope you enjoy the records Scutter!

easy tiger!

It's the sort of refreshing honesty that permits me to give a bare-faced no to Facebook invitations, Timo. Although if it makes you feel any better, I'll be in poxy Limerick that day. I hate Limerick. <ducks>

Sigh. Bemused. Maybe if you've heard the records. Or something. Seemed like bad songs played badly by people who looked like dicks to me.
Differdent strokes etc.

2 of them are in Meneguar, member the dudleys played with them?

i think both bands are great!

the last meneguar album is the best woods album that woods never made.

pissed i had to miss them last night. im sure make a return visit at some point

Aye, had heard there was a Meneguar connection alright.

Yeah, the singer in Meneguar is the drummer in Woods and the drummer in Meneguar is the singer in Woods.
There was another guy who was in both bands too but has since been kicked out of both.

I only went for Woods.
I only saw Woods.
I only loved Woods.

Thought Cave Singers headlining this was really disappointing.
I ended up leaving after the first few songs.
But I enjoyed Espers and Woods and got my monies worth so guess I can't complain too much.

Was it me or did everyone in Espers seem pissed off at Greg Weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back