Catchy Bastids.. (2 Viewers)

Was just in the credit union and Into the Valley was playing in the background, so now it's stuck in my head - anyone remember who it's by?

I now have Punk Boy by Helen Love in my head. This pleases me.

Who’s that boy with the honey face, looks like he should be sedated
He’s all smash and grab in his adidas tags, wound up and agitated,

And I bet he’s not a real punk boy
Bet he’s not a real punk boy, bet he’s not a real punk boy

Does your heart go boom when he walks in the room
Do rain clouds scatter and fall
Do you feel yourself sigh when he passes you by
Or do you grow a hundred feet tall

D’you go bang shang alang, every time you see him
D’you go bang shang alang, every time you’re near him
D’you go bang shang alang, every time you hear him

If you don’t he’s not a real punk boy
If you don’t he’s not a real punk boy at all

Who’s that boy with the ocean green eyes
In rough trade every saturday,
Don’t he look cute in his eighties track suit
I wish I hadn’t thrown mine away

And I bet he’s not a real punk boy
Bet he’s not a real punk boy,
Bet he’s not a real punk boy at all

Do stars explode when he walks you home, on a cool and clear evening
D’you wanna put him on like your favourite song
Or never wanna hear him

D’you go bang shang alang, every time you see him
D’you go bang shang alang, every time you’re near him
D’you go bang shang alang, every time you hear him

If you don’t he’s not a real punk boy at all

Oops, should this be in the Poetry thread, arf.

One Word by Kelly Osbourne. Quite possibly the first song to ever burrow it's way inside my brain and set up camp for a whole week!

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I *had* Stand Up Tall by Dizzee Diz in my head until you mentioned C+C. Now i have groove is in the heart for some unknown reason.

Groove Is In The Heart is by Deelite (sp?) wasn't it? My mate used to have the same hair as the asian DJ bloke :)

C+C Music Factory did Everybody Dance Now DUH-DI-DUH-DUH-DI..... and also Things That Make You Go Hmmm. Man they had all the classic hits! I have the album upstairs on tape somewhere. Must dig it out later, put on some xworx and jump around my room like a loon

I know, that's why i said "for some reason". Great tune though, especially when you use the chorus to make mash-ups with Tribe songs. Yeah, my job's boring.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I know, that's why i said "for some reason". Great tune though, especially when you use the chorus to make mash-ups with Tribe songs. Yeah, my job's boring.

Yeah, i missread yr post, sorry. Here, can anyone tell me that song The Shamen had that was pretty big, not Ebenezer Goode but another one?????

chutneyfarmer said:
Groove Is In The Heart is by Deelite (sp?) wasn't it? My mate used to have the same hair as the asian DJ bloke :)

C+C Music Factory did Everybody Dance Now DUH-DI-DUH-DUH-DI..... and also Things That Make You Go Hmmm. Man they had all the classic hits! I have the album upstairs on tape somewhere. Must dig it out later, put on some xworx and jump around my room like a loon

Hah I was just checking my long hidden tape collection under my bed and that song is on Now 20.

On a similar topic it appears I have 2 unlimited No limits single on tape under there and some terrible compilations that I recorded off Atlantic 252 !cheezy !cheezy

chutneyfarmer said:
Yeah, i missread yr post, sorry. Here, can anyone tell me that song The Shamen had that was pretty big, not Ebenezer Goode but another one?????
Something about a mountain?

here, what was the name of the single that that crowd who did Connected released there about two years back? I remember hearing it live on Top Of The Pops and it being fuckin class but hearing the recorded version and it being pants...

John Shuttleworth - Y Reg

Pretty hard to get any shuttleworth songs out of your head

shuttleworth2001.jpg

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Something about a mountain?

here, what was the name of the single that that crowd who did Connected released there about two years back? I remember hearing it live on Top Of The Pops and it being fuckin class but hearing the recorded version and it being pants...

Stereo Mcs????

evil bandit said:
Hah I was just checking my long hidden tape collection under my bed and that song is on Now 20.

On a similar topic it appears I have 2 unlimited No limits single on tape under there and some terrible compilations that I recorded off Atlantic 252 !cheezy !cheezy

I have the first 2unlimited single (are You Ready For This or something) on tape lying around somewhere too. Man, i can't wait for the reunion tour!!!

ReadySteadyJedi said:
yeah, but what was the single called so i can go on *filesharing program deleted* and *illegal activity deleted* it and then *illegal activity deleted* it with my friends.

Connected

it was their only really big hit. Shouldn't be hard to find it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back