bizarre angelic upstarts interview (1 Viewer)

CITY BABY

Website
www.thefreebooters.com
came across this interview on a RAC website found it quite strange.

Also read in stinky turners book cockney reject that mensi used to be into all that loyalist bollix which is a bit bizarre as bohspunk had aggro with him over him wearin an INLA t-shirt. He was wearing a celtic jersey when they did the AFA gig in dublin. Im sure the interview is bollix , but why would someone bother making it up??, maybe he was interviewed commin down off yokes or something?

ANGELIC UPSTARTS............
OI! THE TRUTH !!!!!!!!

This was originally printed in a fanzine advertised in NME and various other musical journals of the time. The artical features an interview with the one and only ( thank god ) Angelic Upstarts.Many readers will recall the BBC TV programme "Open Space" which was presented by none other than Upstarts singer, Mensi. On it he told us of his lifelong dedication to communism and how he has always been a decidedly Anti-Rascist fellow.........The following genuine interview certainly paints a different story !!!! Read On.............

YOU TALK LIKE ALI MENSI -

Yeah, im the Mohammed Ali of punk, cept im white !

AFTER WRITING THE SONG "ENGLAND", WHAT MAKES YOU PROUD TO BE ENGLISH ?

MENSI - What makes a Scotsman proud to be Scottish ? what makes a paddy proud to be Irish ? The trouble is, there are not enough people in this country who are proud to be English. MOND - Put it this way, you could have been born Greek or an Iranian, that should make you proud to be English. MENSI - Your a rascist, your a rascist, this band has been infiltrated by nazis, ha ha. No seriously, there is no one in this band who is colour prejudiced - just we hate N****RS ( This word has been censored in the interest of Race Relations by your ever caring POTN ). The Anti Nazi League thing is a load of toss.

YOU WOUL'DNT DO RAR AGAIN ?

MENSI - Whats the use of playing the Alexandra Palace to 4000 people when 3900 are white, and another thing, N****RS ( Tut tut Mr Mensforth ) are more rascist than we are.

DO THE NF SKINS TRY TO INFILTRATE YOU ?

MENSI - Yeah, they try.

DO YOU THINK ITS JUST SOMETHING TO FOLLOW ?
Yeah, its just a fashion, the best part of them aren't nazis. People are entitled to their own views, whether i think there right or wrong. Its a free country, you should'nt be ashamed to be English or white, which is another thing the SWP put over, its as if its our fault we were born white, we should of all been born N****RS ( oh dear, this really wont please your new leftie freinds, will it Mr M ) Ive got nothing against N****RS ( there you go again ) but im proud to be white !!

SO PERHAPS THE SWP, IN A WAY, CAUSE MORE TROUBLE BETWEEN FACTIONS ?
MENSI - Im sure they do, they had a march in London, one of these Troops Out things, i went down just to clock the situation, its the same faces all the time, these poxy students with long hair, glasses and shoulder bags. Getting the troops out is'nt the solution to the problem. I'll tell you who i thought was a great politician who got slagged down, and that was Enoch Powell. I dont think he was a rascist at all, he just predicted things that DID happen. He was the most under rated politician of all time, untill he was exciled to some remote Irish constituency. The papers branded him a rascist. If NME get hold of this fanzine and read this interview, they'll brand me a rascist. I think Enoch Powell should have been Prime Minister. !!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back