Autamata - Tonight! (1 Viewer)

madouva

Website
Visit site
AUTAMATA
Tonight - Thursday 20 February (7.30pm)
Temple Bar Music Centre
€12/€10.

AUTAMATA is the brainchild of Dublin-based artist/producer Ken McHugh. The album "My Sanctuary" was recorded over a yearlong period whilst the producer was working on various other musical projects. Ken describes the album as, “A manifold of sounds that merge to create an aural journey of mixed experiences and emotions”. Ken began to incorporate all these influences into Autamata and set about making his debut album, at the same time as establishing his own record label, Lefthand Records...one year on, and My Sanctuary was born. “The album was built up from layers of electronic music, structured into songs featuring guest vocalists, Carol Keogh (The Tycho Brahe), Cathy Davey and my wee nephew Michael who got to ‘be a robot’ for a while”, Ken explains. “I even decided to sing on a couple of the numbers myself.”

The advent of modern technology has allowed Ken McHugh the autonomy to create music in the studio, and he is now intent on taking that technology into the live arena, rehearsing with a 3 piece band and giddying up ready to start gigging early next year, with a full-on visual presentation. In his Dublin studio, Area 51, in recent years Ken has worked with a host of local and international acts: David Kitt’s ‘The Big Romance’, Creative Controle, Moya Brennan and a few movie soundtracks.

Further info: [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back