Are Spurs going to get relegated? (1 Viewer)

The level of whinging by Spurs fans this week has been exceptional but the punditry before the game against Benfica tonight was just ridiculous.

Benfica are a better team then Spurs, they're technically better. They pass it better, they're all comfortable on the ball, their tactically better, their squad is better and guess what - even they couldn't get out of their fucking group in the CL!!! Spurs just aren't fucking good enough end of story.

The premier league has been the footballing equivalent of the Celtic Tiger for years now and the bubble is in the process of bursting. It's all utterly fucking ridiculous. City - top 4 out of the CL already Arsenal - top 4 out of the CL already, Chelski will win the league because they're the best team in the league, will they win the CL ? Can't see it. United are a fucking joke. They're not fucking good enough because english football isn't as good as they want to believe it is. It's so fucking obvious. And the commentary team are going on like the EL is somehow a chore which is stopping Spurs challenging for the CL ? Fuck sake.

Anyway fuck it this is just the support act for Napoli vs Porto which will be a lot better than this.

Jesus Napoli vs Porto is like watching a different sport. Hammer and thongs stuff from Napoli. They look like their lives depend on winning if only they could play away from home.

Fucking Queresma, if only he fancied it more often. They used to say at Sporting that he was the most naturally talented to come through out of him, Nani and Ronaldo

Yeah fuck him is right, the amount of chances Napoli had they could have won 4 games. Fuck sake.

Still Valencia, Lyon, Benfica, Porto, Basel, Sevilla, AZ and Juventus are good sides plenty to look forward to there.

I really like EL matches at this stage of the competition, they're usually pretty even and always really open, teams don't play with the same fear as in the CL.

This happened, whether you like it or not. All your waffle isn't changing that fact. If you don't believe me, visit the Anfield museum. The cup's in there, on permanent display. They got to keep it, see, because they won it 5 times. I suppose they only really had to turn up for fifty minutes in all that time. But hey. It happened. It really happened.

gerrardIstanbul.jpeg

Did I say it didn't happen ? or did you just imagine I said something which I didn't like you usually do ?
Yeah, you're trying to denigrate achievement into the realm of meaningless. "Well, that one doesn't count, because Djimi Traore was like a horse that's chucked his jockey and fancied the last few furlongs at Epsom all on his own but manages to actually run off the course and into a van full of champagne and has to shot on the spot." Yeah. Maybe. Still fucking happened, though.

I mean, I'll say this for Traore. He may have been shite, but he has more Champions League medals than the whole Everton squad put together. Other than that, your critique of the 2005 squad being the worst ever is based on what? Stephen Gerrard being muck? Yer man, whasit, Alonso? What's he won? Deitmar Hamman, I mean, come on, he was just a motorised clothes horse. Sami Hyypia, jesus. The mobility of a Subbuteo lad fixed with blu-tack. Jamie Carragher, you wouldn't wipe your arse with Carragher. Steve Finnan? What has Limerick ever done for football? Baros and Smicer. 200 Czech Republic caps aren't worth the shitty bohemian elk skin they're made from. Luis Garcia? Sure, we can all ping them in from 30 yards, Luis. How about making a five yard pass count? Jerzy Dudek? Absolute fluke he saved that peno. I mean, those penos. John Riise? A fucking ginger? AMn, there's no doubt that when we're talking about full backs winning the Champions league it's Phil Neville's name that springs to mind.

You can have your Kewell. And I won't have a word said against The Lord Of The Manor Of Frodsham. Top geezer.

How am I saying it's meaningless ?

These things happen in football, the best team doesn't always win. Sometimes it's almost universally celebrated (Liverpool) and sometimes it's a travesty (Chelski, or that fucking dog of a final between United and Chelski)

And for the record name a worse squad which won the CL ?

Worse? What's the criteria here? Is there a team that fluked their way through 3 knockout rounds, then fluked a final, and also fluked their way out of their group, and quite possibly fluked their way to the top of the table?

If only there were some empirical way that we could determine whether Liverpool were better than Milan, Chelsea, Juventus, Leverkusen that season. Some kind of score? Maybe even an award of some description, that the best team got?

Oh yeah..
livcelebDM_468x312.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back