Arachnophobia - you know, spiders and stuff (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 699
  • Views 107K
  • Watchers 12

Good stuff

1-tarantula-976.gif

2-predatory-976.gif

3-feeding-976.gif

Must've been an allergic reaction?

Na, as far as I know the science shows that fear triggers a rush of pheromones which actually react with the spider venom causing the bite to become much more dangerous.
Naturally, people who are scared of spiders are therefore much more at risk from these bites, whereas people who aren't scared of spiders generally just get a little prick like from a wasp sting.

Na, as far as I know the science shows that fear triggers a rush of pheromones which actually react with the spider venom causing the bite to become much more dangerous.
Naturally, people who are scared of spiders are therefore much more at risk from these bites, whereas people who aren't scared of spiders generally just get a little prick like from a wasp sting.

fuuuuuuuck

Any else noticing tonnes of spiders this autumn, like never before? There's loads in our house. I've been keeping them around to get rid of the flies but starting to get a bit freaked now.

I was half asleep a few weeks back, and I rolled over on my bed and looked onto the floor and saw a spider THE SIZE OF MY HAND. I yelped and when I looked back it was gone.

Now, I'm arachnophobia. Like, actually, fucking phobic. I locked myself in the upstairs bathroom and cried my eyes out while verging on a panic attack. We had a guest over that night so the couch was occupied, so I went back into my room, put about 5 pairs of socks on and slippers (I have this weird thing about being barefoot if there's a spider near) and sat on my chair all night, with the light on. Went into work the next day without going to bed, then spent the next 3 days or so in my boyfriends house. When I eventually went back, I had to sleep with my fairy lights on.

Anyway, after all of this drama its only now I realise.. the spider probably wasn't even there. Like, I searched the room and there was no trace of him, and I never saw him move, just disappear. I'm prone to hallucinations when I'm overtired, and as a kid at the height of my phobia, I "imagined" spiders all the time.

Anyway, I'm not sure where this is going, but I'm a wimp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back