another monday, another... (2 Viewers)

My freezing 30 minute walk to work this morning was complimented by the sounds of Crass - Stations of the Cross....

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Kicking against the Pricks - for most of yesterday evening....

spectraljanitor said:
its cool and giddy! get off yr ass and dance to it...slowly!!!bing

stars of the lid album "the tired sounds of..." is deadgood....

yar - that was the first of their's that i heard - 2 cd's of gorgeousness. the one i'm listenin to at the moment was done on 4-track - wowsie.

listened to polmo polpo again last night and first 3 tracks are growing on me but the sub-bass on track 4 is toomuch - makes the room shake even when i turn the bass down. i think the reason it doesn't sit well with me overall is that bass is very sssloooowww and repetitiverepetitiverepetitive - i like more active\evolving bass work.

new do make say think is excellent - get it, all of you, get it

new plaid any good minka?

Cicadiae, by Kammerflimmer Kollektief.
Constellation x Warp x Emanem (the free-improv label) = something quite great from Germany/ a less star-fucky Jimmy Cake ;)

And Manu Chao. I've gone totally Euro :D

Keeror said:
Cicadiae, by Kammerflimmer Kollektief.
Constellation x Warp x Emanem (the free-improv label) = something quite great from Germany/ a less star-fucky Jimmy Cake ;)

And Manu Chao. I've gone totally Euro :D

..speaking of the jimmy caca..all quiet since the superlady thingy when they playing again in dublin anybody??

Latex lizzie said:
..speaking of the jimmy caca..all quiet since the superlady thingy when they playing again in dublin anybody??
the beginning of december, my pretties. that's the plan.

new plaid any good minka?
as i said upthread (do pay attention conor :)), it's got a couple of really nice tracks and the rest is a bit, i dunno, lacking in ideas. kind of disappointing on the couple of listens i've had so far. i really liked the remixes album they released earlier this year buh.

a less star-fucky Jimmy Cake ;)
where's that "thumbs nose in the general direction of amsterdam" icon when you need it?

today so far i have been marvelling at the wonderful thing that is laura nyro's new york tendaberry.

That "Superlady" EP is currently on the stereo at home... that and the Pastel's Illuminati re-mix album... some nice stuff there.

But nothing new

Halfset's album should be out in the New Year. That should be cool

minka said:
the beginning of december, my pretties. that's the plan.

as i said upthread (do pay attention conor :)), it's got a couple of really nice tracks and the rest is a bit, i dunno, lacking in ideas. kind of disappointing on the couple of listens i've had so far. i really liked the remixes album they released earlier this year buh.

where's that "thumbs nose in the general direction of amsterdam" icon when you need it?

today so far i have been marvelling at the wonderful thing that is laura nyro's new york tendaberry.

minka mink....

will you be at home this evening? or anyone for that matter? i left some software and cds in brian's bag the other evening and need to retrieve it.

if tonights bad just say the word.

charrs :)

minka said:

d'oh
i'm getting slower and lazier as the years go by.

herv said:
minka mink....

will you be at home this evening? or anyone for that matter? i left some software and cds in brian's bag the other evening and need to retrieve it.

if tonights bad just say the word.

charrs :)
ah right. the *stuff* you left in the *bag*. *software*, eh?

(puts finger to side of nose in "knowing" fashion)

i'll be at home until half eight or so, then i'm going to the daft punk manga thingy in town. i'll check with my beloved flatmates and see if they're going to be in later.

on-topic: my shiny new 8.99 copy of meat is murder. ta, george mcfly.

minka said:

i'll be at home until half eight or so, then i'm going to the daft punk manga thingy in town. i'll check with my beloved flatmates and see if they're going to be in later.

..daft punk tonight!! yay!! I'll bring my coat and secret willy warmer. Did I think that or type it? d'oh.

minka said:

narrgh

blasted shiftwork! well, i'm finished work at 8, so i'd be in town at 8.30 ish... what time does the film start? could i meet you somewhere? have to run home and do gig type stuff and install the *software*

conor said:
yar - that was the first of their's that i heard - 2 cd's of gorgeousness. the one i'm listenin to at the moment was done on 4-track - wowsie.

listened to polmo polpo again last night and first 3 tracks are growing on me but the sub-bass on track 4 is toomuch - makes the room shake even when i turn the bass down. i think the reason it doesn't sit well with me overall is that bass is very sssloooowww and repetitiverepetitiverepetitive - i like more active\evolving bass work.
must get more SOTL stuff.
man, track 4 on the PP is myfave - diff strokes i guess!

herv said:
narrgh

blasted shiftwork! well, i'm finished work at 8, so i'd be in town at 8.30 ish... what time does the film start? could i meet you somewhere? have to run home and do gig type stuff and install the *software*
film starts at 9 in meeting house square, so i could meet you somewhere in town beforehand. where suits?

i had forgotten about the rather unsubtle "mournful cries of cows" bit at the end of meat is murder.

minka said:
film starts at 9 in meeting house square, so i could meet you somewhere in town beforehand. where suits?
Not looking forward to this
boo hoo
it's going to be so cold
and I hate warming brandy

minka said:
i had forgotten about the rather unsubtle "mournful cries of cows" bit at the end of meat is murder.

poor cows..
i honestly think its one of the most upsetting of songs

it makes me think of my cat, like a lot of other morrissey songs funnily enough
especially 'you're the one for me fatty' which suits him perfectly

em, not that i'd ever think of eating my cat

best stop it right there i think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back