An unusual night in Dublin... (1 Viewer)

Alex

Website
www.morellorocks.com
Well I know I'm going to be insulted, called a knacker, hippie or whatever but I'll post this anyway :D

So, last night I was walking through Temple Bar with me burd wondering where we could have gone for a couple of pints when we heard some suspect Jamaican vibes coming from Mezzanine... totally puzzled (you know, reggae in Dublin?!?) we got into the place and found out that Irish reggae band (one and only I guess :)) King Sativa play a free gig there every Wednesday and they kick fucking ass!!!

They played some original material and a few covers. I was very impressed, especially for some *sweet* dub bits...

That's excellent stuff I highly recommend to whom (like me) enjoys this kind of shit........ and who doesn't please shut the fuck up! :D

A.

I saw them in Da2 a couple of weeks ago and thought they were really good (FOR WHAT THEY DO:)). Very accomplished n' all that. I liked the songs where they seemed to be playing more their own stuff rather than writing to a Bob Marley blueprint, which happened quite a bit.

they also have an alter-ego as a bob marley covers band, i think.

Originally posted by Alex
Well I know I'm going to be insulted, called a knacker, hippie or whatever but I'll post this anyway :D

So, last night I was walking through Temple Bar with me burd wondering where we could have gone for a couple of pints when we heard some suspect Jamaican vibes coming from Mezzanine... totally puzzled (you know, reggae in Dublin?!?) we got into the place and found out that Irish reggae band (one and only I guess :)) King Sativa play a free gig there every Wednesday and they kick fucking ass!!!

They played some original material and a few covers. I was very impressed, especially for some *sweet* dub bits...

That's excellent stuff I highly recommend to whom (like me) enjoys this kind of shit........ and who doesn't please shut the fuck up! :D

A.

alex, how dare you impose your non stereotypical beliefs on us non reggae fan users on the board. im so angry i can feel snot coming out my nose. <insert random slanderous comments here, preferably personal to alex>
i hate you.

is there a tongue in cheek symbol?

Re: Re: An unusual night in Dublin...

Originally posted by pad
alex, how dare you impose your non stereotypical beliefs on us non reggae fan users on the board. im so angry i can feel snot coming out my nose. <insert random slanderous comments here, preferably personal to alex>
i hate you.

is there a tongue in cheek symbol?

From time to time the riony symbol has been misused as a tongue in cheek symbol.

Am I right in thinking the mezzanine place is opposite the IFC? I hear jazz coming from it every now and then, but the crowd seemed more full of lager- than music-lovers. But that's just from peeking in at the door.

Re: Re: Re: An unusual night in Dublin...

Originally posted by Mumblin Deaf Ro
From time to time the riony symbol has been misused as a tongue in cheek symbol.

Am I right in thinking the mezzanine place is opposite the IFC? I hear jazz coming from it every now and then, but the crowd seemed more full of lager- than music-lovers. But that's just from peeking in at the door.

Yeah that's the place and the crowd last night was very involved. Actually it's the first time I see people dancing at a gig in Ireland :)

King Sativa do play a Bob Marley tribute as "Catch a Fire" and they're excellent (saw them at mono a while ago),

Pad, fuck off you bleeding indie kid! ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: An unusual night in Dublin...

Yeah that's the place and the crowd last night was very involved. Actually it's the first time I see people dancing at a gig in Ireland :)

you want dancin - go to the next decal gig. they is the business.

Originally posted by pee pee
whats mezzanine? there is a pub in dublin im not aware of?

It's Danger Doyle's after the carpenters (no, not richard and karen) have been. They've put in a 4-inch high stage, and are attracting the tourist folk with jazz. And reggae by all accounts.

And no, Alex, the "tourist" was not a dig.

That's the pub of Switch opposite the IFC

Cassette/Tape you're grand, it's a free country this one :)

free?

free?

mien gott.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back