all tomorrows parties '03 (1 Viewer)

plug

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
hello there.

as usual atp sold out in the blink of an eye again.. just wondering if anyone is aware of an active atp message board or even if anyone has a chalet space that they're trying to flog off??? I have a friend who came over with me last year and she was instantly converted. cushy beds, civilised atmosphere, good choons... however being a poor student, she couldn't get the money together for this year in time. she even did one of those drug testing thingys where they put you in a hospital for a week, give you lots of untested mystery drugs and do blood tests on you until your veins collapse to get some cash together (cue violins here...)

anyways, when I went to the tortoise atp a couple of years I shared with some strangers and there was a message board on the website specifically for people who were flogging or on the lookout for a chalet space etc. but they took it down after loads of moany whinging ghoulbags took it over after the festival... and there doesn't appear to be one this year which is a shame. props to the whingy gunts out there.

so, in short, if any lovely people out there have a solution I'd love to hear from youze! cheers

dar

well, last year it was pretty much the same weekend twice, so the quality/quantity thing doesn't come into it.

the lineup this year has lots of stuff i'd like to see, but it just seems a little samey (with some notable exceptions). there are only so many men with laptops i can get enthused about over the course of three days. i mean, i'm sure i'd still hear some fantastic music, and have the usual chalet/booze/beach fun, but the likelihood of unexpectedly coming across something as bonkers on stage as the danielson famille seems slim.

Originally posted by minka
the lineup this year has lots of stuff i'd like to see, but it just seems a little samey (with some notable exceptions). there are only so many men with laptops i can get enthused about over the course of three days. i mean, i'm sure i'd still hear some fantastic music, and have the usual chalet/booze/beach fun, but the likelihood of unexpectedly coming across something as bonkers on stage as the danielson famille seems slim.

I don't know, I think it will be cool. I mean I can get enthused about the intense laptop guys enough to want to go, but then you got The Fall, The Magic Band, Zoviet France, Earth, and bleedin' Coil on top of all that to bring it up to legendary gig levels. I mean over one weekend...jayses. That's a fine set of gigs. If there are any scheduling problems with seeing these and Gescom, Bola, LFO, and Mira Calix, I thall shimply THCREAM.

What are Venetian Snares like?
What are the danielson famille like?

I'm starting to get excited. I was lucky enough to have a ticket booked for me ages ago. Thank FUCK. Sorry, Plug, I really don't mean to rub it in.

What are the danielson famille like?

people singing deranged songs about jesus in disturbing unison. with uniforms. and actions. quite joyous, and quite, quite mad. a fine atp "i have never heard of you before, and now you are my favourite band" moment.

i would also [heresy]be quite happy if i never saw the fall live again for as long as i lived[/heresy]. some magnificent stuff on record, but my last fall live experience was like seeing somebody's embarrassing drunken uncle stripping at a wedding. not that mark e. smith took his clothes off (the horror, the horror), but you get the gist. a friend who was at the same show thought it was one of the best fall shows he'd ever seen, because you could tell where one song finished and another began.

oh, and there will almost certainly be scheduling problems, and you will almost certainly not get to see everyone you want to see, but you'll still have a great time.

Cheers Minka, I look forward to hearing them sometime.

Must stick up for the Fall. I've seen them several times now, they really are a band you need to see a few times, to get a feel for what Mark E. Smith is capable of. I presume you are referring to the gig in the Pod. It was shite enough band-wise, but I had an amazing time cos MES was on flying form and very entertaining in a dyspeptic Victor Meldrew kind of way. When they are on proper form, they're class. Last time I saw them, the guitarist had this enormous amp with hundreds of knobs on it. It was pretty funny watching MES try to do his usual trick of turning the guitarist down, and trying about ten different knobs, with no success, and the guitarist in stitches beside him. Then he tried to escape mid-song backstage, but he couldn't work out the combination lock on the door, and fiddled with it for ages before composing himself and nonchalantly strutting back to the front of the stage and finishing the song. And there was this old-school Fall fan who thought he should sing, and kept roaring into the microphone and doing this hilarious drunkdance.....ah it was all good.

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
Cheers Minka, I look forward to hearing them sometime.

Must stick up for the Fall. I've seen them several times now, they really are a band you need to see a few times, to get a feel for what Mark E. Smith is capable of. I presume you are referring to the gig in the Pod. It was shite enough band-wise, but I had an amazing time cos MES was on flying form and very entertaining in a dyspeptic Victor Meldrew kind of way. When they are on proper form, they're class. Last time I saw them, the guitarist had this enormous amp with hundreds of knobs on it. It was pretty funny watching MES try to do his usual trick of turning the guitarist down, and trying about ten different knobs, with no success, and the guitarist in stitches beside him. Then he tried to escape mid-song backstage, but he couldn't work out the combination lock on the door, and fiddled with it for ages before composing himself and nonchalantly strutting back to the front of the stage and finishing the song. And there was this old-school Fall fan who thought he should sing, and kept roaring into the microphone and doing this hilarious drunkdance.....ah it was all good.

second red box gig was better
mean fiddler 95 was v.poor/97 levitate tour improved

best Fall experiences for me was Cambridge 91 and Tivoli 93

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back