8-tracks/Preamps (1 Viewer)

outoftheblue

Website
Visit site
If I were to buy, for instance, one of those Boss BR-864 digital 8-track mini-recording studios and a good microphone, would I then need to buy a pre-amp as well or would the 8-track have one inbuilt?

The description (http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/boss_br864_8spur_digital_recordingstudio_prodinfo.html?iwid=2) says it has microphone inputs, but I'm not clear if that means you can just plug them in and go or not?

Also, if I do need a pre-amp, why does it matter which one I buy? Are there things to look out for/avoid?

Thanks (and apologies for the naivety)

outoftheblue said:
If I were to buy, for instance, one of those Boss BR-864 digital 8-track mini-recording studios and a good microphone, would I then need to buy a pre-amp as well or would the 8-track have one inbuilt?

The description (http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/boss_br864_8spur_digital_recordingstudio_prodinfo.html?iwid=2) says it has microphone inputs, but I'm not clear if that means you can just plug them in and go or not?

Also, if I do need a pre-amp, why does it matter which one I buy? Are there things to look out for/avoid?

Thanks (and apologies for the naivety)

yeah most of the "all in one" machines have pre amps... an external pre amp would be needed with a condenser mic which needs to be powered called phantom power... they nomally supply it...and can change the tone and stuff off the mics... am i right?

Get the new tascam one... dp01 x something like that its good value and basic..

Phantom Power only supplies a small voltage to a condenser mic to power it. It doesn't affect the sound of the Mic. Preamps sit between your Mic and desk or can be routed straight to your recording medium. The better quality Preamp the more accurately the sound of your Mic is reproduced. Different preamps have different characteristics. Ebay is your best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back