Prohibited Photography! (1 Viewer)

There's a list of Washington DC buldings you're not allowed take pictures of because of "the threat to homeland security". Unfortunately, the list of buildings you're not allowed take pictures of is also secret, for the same reason... Is Kafka running Homeland Security?

similar situation with the terrorist watch lists / no fly lists.

I'm stuck in Damastown, Co Meath at the moment so I won't get the chance to do this today. Can you tell me what would happen though?

dont they have a similar tetchiness here about photographing military buildings? i remember getting an aerial photo of athlone to examine for leaving cert geography and the army barracks (which took up most of the photo) was all whited out

I was in Beirut with a friend in 2000, which was just after the Israelis pulled out of South Lebanon. We were wandering around the city one day and my mate took a picture of a building because it had an election poster featuring a woman candidate (which was a bit of a rarity). Anyway, next minute we were surrounded by threatening army types, marched across the road, and then questioned by their commanding officer (who spoke English).

It turned out that the building he photographed was home to a military tribunal that was trying members of the SLA (who collaborated with the Israelis in the south). Once they realized we were clueless idiots rather than Israeli spies it was all fine, they just took the film.

Years ago I moved into a flat on Harcourt st accross the road from the Garda headquaters.

Within a couple of days of moving in, two plainclose guarda arrived at my door asking if they could come in.
They "interviewed" me in the flat and I could'nt help smiling the whole time at how ridiculous all this was.

They asked If I had a camera, I showed it to them and they said that I should'nt use it here. I laughed. I said (sitting by the window) "if I sit here with my camera and have a look out, and I happen to look at your building accross the street, what then?"
He said in a very threatening tone, "Someone will be right over"

They left, I lived there for 2 years and nothing ever happened. AND I used the camera.

Bleedin guards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back