locust fans read it and weep (1 Viewer)

oh shit said:
maybe, but some bint from my politics class turned up in a new pink locust hoodie - her b/f bought it online then decided pink was gay or something.

thanks, ill see you next week man. and ill wear a suitably lame tshirt just for you <3

i got a cd yesterday by GENGHIS TRON - cloak of love , on crucial blast records out of mary land. on the mail order list it said ' grind/noise crossed with synth pop/new wave. so i thought ' anal cunt meets devo old schoolness'. but it actually sound like some kind of modern LOCUST thing except longer songs. by turns it sounds like the retards,virgin mega whore, ambient, stuff thats supposed to sound new wave but is more emo / screamo electro, black metal and tons of locust style tech blast beats all in one song full of tempo changes. i'm very old school and don't have a lot of time for rock genres developed in the last fifteen years but i can see how someone could like this. i just haven't grown up on a lot of these influences for instance i just don't modern electro stuff if it not really noisy or kind of post punk sounding. i bought the LOCUST split with MAN IS THE BASTARD years ago but didn't like LOCUST'S side and kind of forgot about them although their later stuff is pretty different and better.

tom. said:
oh, them were the days

image.gif

Gambra said:
no *this* thread only just started. sorry.

and i really only 'discovered' The Locust last year when Plague Soundscapes came out and they're still my favourite band of all time. I can't fuggin wait to see them!

i love when i unearth little musical nuggets in kerrang

MONDOBRUTALE said:
i love when i unearth little musical nuggets in kerrang

How dare you. I may only have been 16 at the time but at least I read some bit respectable mags (Terrorizor & rocksound) I'm proud to have never read Kerrang in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back