New York Fuckin' City Maaaaan (2 Viewers)

Awh.

I hope you went with your gut on this one. Small people punching things is funny. Also, the lead singer has had it coming.
yeah no. no punching happened.
i don't mind the singer, it's the head on the bass player that makes me see red for some reason. they were quite good fun live though. i couldn't get the phrase "as gay as a christmas goose" out of my head.

tonight i'm on the guestlist for cradle of filth. grimmmmmm, etc. or possibly not.

Only been to New York for a day and that was a few years ago. Always been meaning to go back and this thread is making me especially crazy to go again really soon.

yeah no. no punching happened.
i don't mind the singer, it's the head on the bass player that makes me see red for some reason. they were quite good fun live though. i couldn't get the phrase "as gay as a christmas goose" out of my head.

tonight i'm on the guestlist for cradle of filth. grimmmmmm, etc. or possibly not.

What's with all the backstagery?

Are you some sort of impresario?

here's something i did that i recommend
ride the staten island ferry whilst listening to last thoughts on woodie guthrie by bob dylan, if night at possible.

What's with all the backstagery?

Are you some sort of impresario?
i'm staying with radiohead's tour manager and his wife who does some sort of music industry thing. your man goes sailing with my da which is how i know them. i never bothered going to COF in the end -- we went to the cinema (that new david fincher yoke is quite good) and by the time we got out the show had already started and i couldn't be arsed.

i'm moving to Cold Spring on the Husdon River ASAP.

Has anyone here gone to New York for a while and been able to find work without papers/visa? There's a bunch of us lads bailin across in the summer but the aul saving isn't going too well. Anybody got any tips as to where to get some fuckin woik?

you sound like a buzzer so ye need to get in with an oirish dude, most probably from queens. work with him, spin the yarn, regail tales from home and hello sponsorship.
or not...

you sound like a buzzer so ye need to get in with an oirish dude, most probably from queens. work with him, spin the yarn, regail tales from home and hello sponsorship.
or not...
Yeah. Getting sponsorship is no joke. You wanna see the shit they went through to get me over.

Emm... can you not get a J1, and then leg it over here, and get a job in a bar maybe? There are a fair few irish places around the Village, and even right down in the financial district. You could give that a lash.

Thing is.. they are all pretty tricky to get around NYC. If you get one though, you will be minted. MINTED I tell ya!

Has anyone here gone to New York for a while and been able to find work without papers/visa? There's a bunch of us lads bailin across in the summer but the aul saving isn't going too well. Anybody got any tips as to where to get some fuckin woik?

Removal companies are usually looking for hardy young bucks to hump furniture around the place.

just back from new york today. 4 days was not long enough.will definitely go back. thanks for the great tips.the brooklyn bridge/grimaldi's was great. what a place.
did some shopping - mostly cosmetics/make up. where do you guys go for clothes shopping. it looked to me like alot of people go for the abercrombie, GAP and designer clothes. Am I right?

Finally headin' next week... It's been a long wait...
Whats the weather like chyerl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back