True Detective - HBO (1 Viewer)

Late to the party but that was incredible. Those last two episodes were perfect for me, the horror of the last episode made all the more intense by the fact that the previous seven hours have been so realistic. It felt like a real descent into hell as Rust navigated the warren. That shot where he comes out into the open and you see the building being over-ran and buried by nature was stunning. I really need to watch this all over again.

I loved it,
Downloaded each new episode the second it was available
and
now
have
Absolutely no desire to trawl through it all again.

this is unusual!

this thread is loooooooooooooong

only just watched TD this week. it had some really great moments with McConna-hey - although always at the very moment when i would be transfixed by the combination of images and music and whatever he was shiteing on about, the boyfriend would be snorting in disgust at the bolloxology of it.

there was one particular moment that blew my mind, where he's talking about regret at life going past and says "the future's behind you--like it's always been behind you" and it's shown over an image of marty's older daughter.

main problems: the ridiculousness of episodes 4 & 8, and the totally unbelievable series of hot babes flinging themselves at gimpy old tortoise-faced woody harrelson
"ooh woody, i totally want you to fuck me in the ass...did i...did i say my lines right, mr. harrelson? what's that, one more run-through? alright then"
this isn't a criticism of the character's sexism or whatever; just surely he could have been a dick to more believable women.

and i was totally disgusted that they went with giant shambling hillbilly as the killer. you have got to be fucking shitting me. after all that high-brow rigmarole and cover-ups involving pillars of society it's a fucking hills have eyes sideshow freak in a jumpsuit?

this thread is loooooooooooooong

only just watched TD this week. it had some really great moments with McConna-hey - although always at the very moment when i would be transfixed by the combination of images and music and whatever he was shiteing on about, the boyfriend would be snorting in disgust at the bolloxology of it.

there was one particular moment that blew my mind, where he's talking about regret at life going past and says "the future's behind you--like it's always been behind you" and it's shown over an image of marty's older daughter.

main problems: the ridiculousness of episodes 4 & 8, and the totally unbelievable series of hot babes flinging themselves at gimpy old tortoise-faced woody harrelson
"ooh woody, i totally want you to fuck me in the ass...did i...did i say my lines right, mr. harrelson? what's that, one more run-through? alright then"
this isn't a criticism of the character's sexism or whatever; just surely he could have been a dick to more believable women.

and i was totally disgusted that they went with giant shambling hillbilly as the killer. you have got to be fucking shitting me. after all that high-brow rigmarole and cover-ups involving pillars of society it's a fucking hills have eyes sideshow freak in a jumpsuit?
Isn't that whole "cop fetishising" a real thing though ? A mate of mine is a cop and he definitely says some women are not subtle.

cop.jpg

phwoar

i'd have thought that was for uniform cops rather than heart-attack looking middle-aged detectives
I think it's cops in general. Gun, badge, general hero/villain context, tough guy demeanour etc.

There's certainly a long history of it in police shows anyway.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Generally it's one of those cliche/stereotype/urban myth that probably has enough just truth to it to warrant it's inclusion.

yeah i guess that's true enough

it's only a minor complaint, the hillbilly ending was the most egregious thing for me
and the giant shootout they triggered just to track down a possible lead

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back