Six Nations 2014 (2 Viewers)

Robben and the lads from Bayern ? The lads that had about 2 months off from "competative" football prior to the tournament ? That Robben ? Right so.
the doctor that is 'allegedy' being used by Bayern Munich since guardiola went there is Luis Garcia del Moral. He 'allegedly' worked with Barcelona too.

feel free to google him there

world cup 3rd/4th place playoff doping control

BsrYdKbIYAAf3Jv.jpg

follow fussballdoping on twitter

You hear almost nothing about it in soccer, which would say to me that there's likely lots of it going on.

So no smoke without fire . but no smoke at all definitely fire ?

yes. Out of competition they could draw blood. Once they notify you that you're being tested you can't leave their sight.

they're suppose to be badass. Not fans with cameras.

Yeah because I'm sure the rugby versions are fucking Robocop.

the doctor that is 'allegedy' being used by Bayern Munich since guardiola went there is Luis Garcia del Moral. He 'allegedly' worked with Barcelona too.

feel free to google him there

You mean the Bayern that won every fucking thing available before Guardiola got there ? That Bayern is it ? Yeah you're right it's compelling evidence alright.

So no smoke without fire . but no smoke at all definitely fire ?

Morelike altruism and good sportsmanship and honesty are the trademarks of modern soccer and there's nothing whatsoever to be gained by cheating.
So therefore no one has ever tried it.
And the proof of that is that no one has been caught.

Morelike altruism and good sportsmanship and honesty are the trademarks of modern soccer and there's nothing whatsoever to be gained by cheating.
So therefore no one has ever tried it.
And the proof of that is that no one has been caught.
Ha.

Look football isn't fucking fair to begin with. So drugs ? who gives a shit, even if footballers were all taking drugs Chelski would still be getting the best drugs while Everton would probably be getting there's of Jose Baxter behind a spar in Croxteth. Anyway great footballers don't really need steroids. Look at Matt le Tiss, he didn't even have to fucking run.

So drugs ? who gives a shit, .

Not me. Not tonight anyway.

I just think that if there's a buck to be made from having an extra yard of pace or being able to train longer, there's plenty that will do whatever it takes to get it.

Using human nature as an indicator, I'd say it's rampant.

Not me. Not tonight anyway.

I just think that if there's a buck to be made from having an extra yard of pace or being able to train longer, there's plenty that will do whatever it takes to get it.

Using human nature as an indicator, I'd say it's rampant.
I'm on the fence to be honest. Physicality is only one aspect of football in rugby physical conditioning is far more of an issue in Rugby. Basically if there's a drug that makes you do this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Particularly #5 and #1 then fuck it give it to fucking eveyone.

Also one of the treatments footballers are using now is the injection of horse placenta into injured areas. Now if fucking horse placenta is legal the really, seriously, who gives a fuck.

Rugby on the other hand if a drug makes you bigger stronger and more aggressive in a sport where that is exactly the required attributes to be a "great" player then that's a different story.

ok I'm going to leave this debate with one final comment.

Operacion Puerto was the biggest doping scandal in cycling until Armstrong was outted. This was an investigation into a blood doping clinic based on Madrid. The doctor at the center of this was Efemenio Fuentes, from Gran Canaria (trust me, I know this story well).

Fuentes was put on the stand in court. Under oath he said something along the lines of - 'if I told everything I know, Spain would be stripped of their world cup title'.

At that point the judge specified that the only line of questioning permitted could be *cycling* related. This despite the fact that less than 15% of Fuentes' clients were cyclists (by his admission. Other clients were alledged to be Rafal Nada, Real Madrid, etc).

Anyway, the clinic had been raided and hundreds of blood bags were confiscated. These blood bags were preserved, waiting the direction of the the judge as to whether they should be tested to identify their owner (all blood bags were marked with a nickname rather than an actual name).

When Fuentes suggested what he did about the Spanish soccer team, 2 things happened. Firstly, the judge ordered that all blood bags be destroyed. Secondly, the investigation into Fuentes was buried (though he was jailed and struck-off based on the investigation up to that point).

Now, read into that what you will. What I read into it is that Real Madrid blood dope their players. Real Madrid, who, by in large, have played second fiddle to Barecelona these past few years. Given the allegations about del Moral's involvement with Barca, its a safe assumption they also blood dope.

Linking Real Madrid/Barcelona, pre Guardiola moving, to Bayern Munich might be a bit of stretch. But thats for everyone to decide for themselves.

Drug testing in soccer is pretty poor. Drug testing only works if theres an actual will to catch people. The vast majority of people serving doping bans have never tested positive for anything. They have been outted by whistleblowers, etc. Soccer and its stars are too big a product for any such will to exist.

All top level soccer players dope as far as I'm concerned. Why would they not dope, given there is almost no chance they will ever be caught.

And yes, I fully accept the argument that without skill a soccer player is nothing. However, without speed, strength and (most importantly) the ability to recover from one game to the next (especially considering how punishing a soccer schedule is), are at least equally as important. And all of those things can be improved/assisted by doping.

ok I'm going to leave this debate with one final comment.

Operacion Puerto was the biggest doping scandal in cycling until Armstrong was outted. This was an investigation into a blood doping clinic based on Madrid. The doctor at the center of this was Efemenio Fuentes, from Gran Canaria (trust me, I know this story well).

Fuentes was put on the stand in court. Under oath he said something along the lines of - 'if I told everything I know, Spain would be stripped of their world cup title'.

At that point the judge specified that the only line of questioning permitted could be *cycling* related. This despite the fact that less than 15% of Fuentes' clients were cyclists (by his admission. Other clients were alledged to be Rafal Nada, Real Madrid, etc).

Anyway, the clinic had been raided and hundreds of blood bags were confiscated. These blood bags were preserved, waiting the direction of the the judge as to whether they should be tested to identify their owner (all blood bags were marked with a nickname rather than an actual name).

When Fuentes suggested what he did about the Spanish soccer team, 2 things happened. Firstly, the judge ordered that all blood bags be destroyed. Secondly, the investigation into Fuentes was buried (though he was jailed and struck-off based on the investigation up to that point).

Now, read into that what you will. What I read into it is that Real Madrid blood dope their players. Real Madrid, who, by in large, have played second fiddle to Barecelona these past few years. Given the allegations about del Moral's involvement with Barca, its a safe assumption they also blood dope.

Linking Real Madrid/Barcelona, pre Guardiola moving, to Bayern Munich might be a bit of stretch. But thats for everyone to decide for themselves.

Drug testing in soccer is pretty poor. Drug testing only works if theres an actual will to catch people. The vast majority of people serving doping bans have never tested positive for anything. They have been outted by whistleblowers, etc. Soccer and its stars are too big a product for any such will to exist.

All top level soccer players dope as far as I'm concerned. Why would they not dope, given there is almost no chance they will ever be caught.

And yes, I fully accept the argument that without skill a soccer player is nothing. However, without speed, strength and (most importantly) the ability to recover from one game to the next (especially considering how punishing a soccer schedule is), are at least equally as important. And all of those things can be improved/assisted by doping.
Or by injecting horse placenta. I mean think about it if that's legal then what do we expect ?

A few things from your post though.

1. Allegedly is not fact. Even if the same doctor was involved it doesn't mean that the same methods were necessarily employed.

2. Nothing has been proven and probably won't be

3. "But thats for everyone to decide for themselves." Well no it's not actually. That's like saying that murder trials should take place by printing allegations and speculations in the press and the verdict be rendered by popular opinion.

Yes Football is corrupt. I've never doubted that. Yes it's unfair but as far as this goes I'll wait for the official findings if there ever are any. And if there aren't then so be it. FIFA are literally responsible for the deaths of a lot of people and that doesn't change the sport for me. So this is just a drop in the ocean

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back