Sleaford Mods (6 Viewers)

Here they are on record store day
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

FFS. The English Misselayneous or whatever she's called.

If it was "the Summer of 76", that lad would've been in the Cockney Rejects or some even worse "Oi" band.

FFS. The English Misselayneous or whatever she's called.

hh!

If it was "the Summer of 76", that lad would've been in the Cockney Rejects or some even worse "Oi" band.

See to me that should mean a good thing, and I know a lot of my mates will make that comparison, and it is a good one. But whereas I love old Oi I can't get into this stuff at all.

STEAMY_RAY_VAUGHN.jpg

I prefer Michael O'Neill to these guys.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hh!

See to me that should mean a good thing, and I know a lot of my mates will make that comparison, and it is a good one. But whereas I love old Oi I can't get into this stuff at all.

Oh I love a bit of old Oi! and actually the Cockney Rejects have some decent songs.....I was trying to think of some of the really really shit Oi! bands that I heard on compilations years ago but thankfully I've forgotten most of them. Anyway, that Mr. Sleaford would be in one of them.

I guess they make me think of the press at the time hailing Pete Doherty as the voice of his generation. Always on the look out for the next angry young man telling it like it is (to middle class college educated music journalists)

I like that one Moose posted

Poor Pete Doherty :(

Such a total mess of a human being.

I still say that first Libertines album is flawless.

I guess they make me think of the press at the time hailing Pete Doherty as the voice of his generation. Always on the look out for the next angry young man telling it like it is (to middle class college educated music journalists)

Doherty was mostly about poetry and love though, no?

He hardly ever sang about housing benefit and that kind of shit, if I remember.

Last edited:
I should give The Libertines another chance. The hype at the time turned me right off them

I should give The Libertines another chance. The hype at the time turned me right off them

First record was a belter. I loved it. Was living away from UK/Ire at the time so didn't know the hype.
First single then off the 2nd record was fab.

Then it fizzled. For me anyway.

They have the kind of devoted, obsessive fans that would turn anyone off a band. And a weird right wing element attracted to their merrie olde englande lyrics.

First album is where it's at alright. Second is hit and miss but the hits are good.

The first babyshambles album is interesting. It's like a perfect portrait of what he was: a very talented guy in the midst of a heroin addiction. Moments of brilliance popping up out of of a horrible mess. Pretty unlistenable but possibly relevant as 'art'. Never really bothered aside from the occasional youtube view after that... seems to be an endless trail of the same old meandering nothings.

Last edited:
They have the kind of devoted, obsessive fans that would turn anyone off a band. And a weird right wing element attracted to their merrie olde englande lyrics.

First album is where it's at alright. Second is hit and miss but the hits are good.

The first babyshambles album is interesting. It's like a perfect portrait of what he was: a very talented guy in the midst of a heroin addiction. Moments of brilliance in the midst of a horrible mess. Pretty unlistenable but possibly relevant as 'art'. Never really bothered aside from the occasional youtube view after that... seems to be an endless trail of the same old meandering nothings.

I bought the Babyshambles record for a road trip. It was the only time I ever played it, I think.

Maybe The Streets is a better comparison

of Missy fuckinglaneyous

The Streets is maybe more apposite, yes. Voice-of-young-Britain-telling-it-like-it-is and whatever else people said about him.
The first record was great. Second was spotty.
He was kinda found out too though.

I have no idea who Missy Laneous is. So I'm hardly an expert here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back