The World Cup (1 Viewer)

Maicon is ok, was a flop at City. Jo was a disaster and I cannot believe he's made the squad.

Golden boot - Klose ?
If he goes he'll score. It's hard to believe Germany would be a bit short in any position but up front it's him and Mario Gomez and .... eh..... The names don't jump out at you do they ? Podolski isn't an out and out striker, nor are many

Gomez and Klose have scored 10 between them in Serie A this season. Podolski has 8 not exactly terrifying numbers are they ?

Philly Lahm. That's all you need, really. He'll drag them to their semi-final bottle-ation.

Am I the only one here who doesn't particularly rate Higuian?

Philly Lahm. That's all you need, really. He'll drag them to their semi-final bottle-ation.

Am I the only one here who doesn't particularly rate Higuian?
Not at all, when he was at Madrid and doing a jobshare with Benzema there were plenty of supporters that wanted Benzema to get the job full time. I think since Higuian left they've probably been proved right.

You can't argue with his goal scoring record though he's very much a one in two striker, good pace and strength. He might be the key factor in Argentina winning the world cup. If they adopt the Real Madrid formation and style and go with Aguero, Messi either side of Higuian they can play a midfield three and really get at the opposition.

For me Messi unsettles that team sometimes. He's expected to play up front and just beat players at will when in reality he's better in behind a big central striker who makes space for him to run into. Higuian is used to that sort of thing having done it for Ronaldo. I mean Aguerro has to play, if he's fit but if Messi and Aguerro play together up front you can imagine them getting in each others way a bit. Anyway it's some attacking options they have. They're probably the favourites for me.

Mannschaft:
Goalkeepers: Neuer, Weidenfeller, Zieler.

Defenders Boateng, Durm, Grosskreutz, Höwedes, Hummels, Jansen, Lahm, Mertesacker, Mustafi, Schmelzer, Ginter.

Midfielders/forwards Lars Bender, Draxler, Götze, Goretzka, Hahn, Khedira, Klose, Kroos, Meyer, Müller, Özil, Podolski, Reus, Schürrle, Schweinsteiger, Volland.

This will "almost certainly" be Klose's last WC. I like the qualification. You can't rule out him playing til he's 108.

If he goes he'll score. It's hard to believe Germany would be a bit short in any position but up front it's him and Mario Gomez and .... eh..... The names don't jump out at you do they ? Podolski isn't an out and out striker, nor are many

Gomez and Klose have scored 10 between them in Serie A this season. Podolski has 8 not exactly terrifying numbers are they ?

Gomez isn't selected
it's one of Draxler, Volland, Klose up front with
Schurrle, Reus, Muller and Poldi all good at playing off a striker
Fair play to Low for selecting kids again, he's the Brendan Rodgers of international football

One day our grandchildren will be asking if this is Klose's last World Cup. He'll win the Diamond Boot.

I wish I had diamond boots.

Europe doesn't seem to have any devastating strikers at the moment. Neither do Brazil. Strikers, now, not Ronaldo.

Diego Costa, i suppose. Still don't think of him as Spanish. Luca Toni is on fire. Will he go? Ciro Immobile, too. Fabio Borini (HA HA!).

French squad could be interesting. Some decent young 'uns doing well for them: Lacazette, Griezmann and the like. Will they try and tempt Makelele out of retirement again, that's the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back