• Replies 23
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 3

pad

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
right.
now that i've decided that's where i'm going. what say you all about things to do there? suggestions will be rewarded with rep. suggestions that are extra cool will get extra rep when i return.
lovely.
pat.

munich is expensive and there's loads of cops and tourists but it still holds many a charm. go and see river surfing next to the english garden/art gallery and take a look at fat mens willies in the nudity area of the park just a little further on.
also, there's lots of booze everywhere.

munich is expensive and there's loads of cops and tourists but it still holds many a charm. go and see river surfing next to the english garden/art gallery and take a look at fat mens willies in the nudity area of the park just a little further on.
also, there's lots of booze everywhere.

expensive?
oh pooh.

yeah i reckon its one of the most expensive european cities. dublin prices, like.

i don't know about that Damian, not cheap but also not as expensive as Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, South of France or Paris OR Ireland.

On weekend breaks, and correct me if i'm wrong, it's usually all about the food, drink and accomodation which vary greatly depending on your taste.
Bus trip is cheap in Munich, gigs are cheaper, city is walkable, tours are standard, sex is free (with your significant other [usually]).

dunno, i found it more taxing on my wallet than kbh, stockholm, helsinki, marseille, etc. just never seemed like munich had a "cheap district" like i was able to find in most all of those cities (dublin seems to be slightly lacking in that department too).

Bumping this up because I'm flying out of Munich at the end of my holidays next month. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for hotels? Seems like accommodation is a lot cheaper than it is in Dublin, but not sure what part of the city is best to stay in.

We fly into Vienna, then down to a wedding in Lockenhaus, and then we've no idea what we'll do from there, except that we'll be flying out of Munich four days later. Haven't a clue about either city, but I'm looking forward to eating lots of sweet treats.

Bumping this up because I'm flying out of Munich at the end of my holidays next month. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for hotels? Seems like accommodation is a lot cheaper than it is in Dublin, but not sure what part of the city is best to stay in.

i think i mentioned this in a munich thread before, but go visit the kunstbau in konigsplatz u-bahn station. on reflection, deffo my favourite thing we did in munich, aside from buying weird chinese menstrual avenger accessories.

er, we stayed in hotel ludwig. clean, fine, generic, ok breakfast, but we broke the number one rule - never stay near the main train station. i imagine you can do better.

i think i mentioned this in a munich thread before, but go visit the kunstbau in konigsplatz u-bahn station. on reflection, deffo my favourite thing we did in munich, aside from buying weird chinese menstrual avenger accessories.

er, we stayed in hotel ludwig. clean, fine, generic, ok breakfast, but we broke the number one rule - never stay near the main train station. i imagine you can do better.

Cool, thanks! I do normally avoid hotels near train stations, and the hotels don't seem that expensive in Munich in general, which makes that easy enough. I reckon we're only going to stay in Munich for a night.

Vienna is cheapish, the castle we're staying in for the wedding is pretty cool, and then we're looking for somewhere between Vienna and Munich to go for a couple of days. We're thinking of Wels, which is on the way to Salzburg (Salzburg seems expensive and a bit chintzy), where we were considering this lovely hotel: http://www.hotelhauser.com/en-index.shtml.

It's too bad we can't go for the "Drink and Dream" package (it's not available mid-week), which allows you to use your tolerance for booze to offset your room charge: http://www.hotelhauser.com/en-package_drink_dream.shtml

Seems like my kinda town -- the hotel rooms all include maps of local running trails! Could end up being a dump, like the Limerick of Austria or summat.

'hangover checkout at 17.00'! heh.

i think i'd head west to vorarlberg for nerdy buildingy reasons, or to salzburg purely to re-enact the sound of music for the whole time i'm there, but i guess you could kind of maybe sort of consider the latter to be covered by 'chintzy'.

sounds like a great trip, wherever you choose.

Stupid question but what's the bad buzz with hotels near train stations? Never stayed in one (not really stayed in any hotels) so i'm at a loss...?

Stupid question but what's the bad buzz with hotels near train stations? Never stayed in one (not really stayed in any hotels) so i'm at a loss...?

most train stations around germany are located in dodge areas, your red light districts and what have you.

...interesting side note. my german lecturer maintains there is a campsite near munich that has a 'no irish' policy due to rowdy behaviour in the past.:)

My brother spent a summer workin in berlin (i think) while living in a campsite. Had to pretend he was english as they wouldn't allow any irish.

arise Munich...

any more pointers on the place?

we will probably only be staying 2 days/one night before getting the train to Ljubljana

plus - we'll be camping and have a campsite in mind.

my german lecturer maintains there is a campsite near munich that has a 'no irish' policy due to rowdy behaviour in the past.:)

I've seen the sign on this campsite actually about 14 years ago. There was also a problem with the Irish using the old currency 20p pieces in the cigarette etc vending machines.

There is a cool party area down by the river where everyone has bbq's and get out of it. It's a kind of festival atmosphere there by the river. I'm heading over there again in July to see my relatives.

heading later in the week

just starting to look into what to do now

any recommendations?

decent record stores?

very fond of expressionist paintings, which galleries might be best for that?

sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back