Staying off the drink (1 Viewer)

It's deadly, isn't it? I hopped out of bed at 6:40am, went down, fed the cat and let him out for his morning whateverhedoesoutthere, checked Thumped, got the eggs and toast and tea going and served for 7:10am, which left me and my woman time for sexual relations before she got in the shower.

Not drinking is sexy and makes you time-rich and cash-rich and you are better looking and more attractive.

I read that with a Bill Clinton voice in my head.

It's deadly, isn't it? I hopped out of bed at 6:40am, went down, fed the cat and let him out for his morning whateverhedoesoutthere, checked Thumped, got the eggs and toast and tea going and served for 7:10am, which left me and my woman time for sexual relations before she got in the shower.

Not drinking is sexy and makes you time-rich and cash-rich and you are better looking and more attractive.

Then it got to 9 O clock in the evening and I was so bored I thought the world was ending, I called all my mates they were down the boozer having the time of their lives. I fed the cat again, made tea, organised the fridge and then started writing a novel, I couldn't hold back my inner critic though and I know understand why all novelists drink. I read for a while but the silence was punctured by laughter and it sounded alien and accusatory.

I watched TV for a while and fell asleep for a bit. Then I woke up at 11:30 and realised I had another 30 years of this ahead of me. My Girlfriend came home drunk and horny from a night out with work friends. Her breath stank of booze so I had to try to wriggle away from her. "What's wrong?" she said "I'm just tired" I said. "That never stopped you before" she said smiling and flirting with me, her eyes aglow with drunken lust. "I'm just not" I said but she cut me off and said "you're no fun" What have you been doing all day ?" she said. "Nothing" I replied, the question almost sounded like an accusation and the answer was the final nail in my throat. Nothing, forever nothing. 30 years of nothing no aches and pains, the pangs of opening my eyes too hungover to sleep, no more sore stomachs and mystery bruises and no more mystery. No more sudden truths appearing out of the bottom of a bottle. No more hysterical laughter and friendships based on sheer abandon. Thirty years of the even keel and then I could die peacefully at home surrounded by loved ones. One day at a time, onward towards dusty death. And all our yesterdays had lighted neon signs, animated two cell animations of fingers beckoning me towards the warm insides, wooden floors and bars, high uncomfortable stools that your spine adapts to. Guinness gives you strength, Taste above all else, the promise of the Rocky mountains in a glass. It all seemed so exotic and distant to me. Finally she went to bed. She slept instantly and deeply. I struggled and stared ahead. After what seemed an instant, a blink I was awake.

I hopped out of bed at 6:40am, went down, fed the cat and let him out for his morning whateverhedoesoutthere, checked Thumped, got the eggs and toast and tea going and served for 7:10am, which left me and my woman time for sexual relations before she got in the shower.
Fixed.

P(o)ints deducted though for referencing Coors Light.
It was the only slogan I could think of. also

animated two cell animations

Very sloppy Cattle. Must try harder, I've a few cans of Red Stripe in the fridge though so I'll be on my high horse in no time not giving two fucks about sloppy prose by joyfully, fervently wallowing in my own sloppiness.

Day 2 of a hangover...not feeling great to be honest

I think I'll knock this on the head for a while. At least there is nothing much happening this weekend in Ireland.

Day 2 of a hangover...not feeling great to be honest

I think I'll knock this on the head for a while. At least there is nothing much happening this weekend in Ireland.

You have to learn to love yourself, and also hate your friends a little bit.

Be like SickBoy in Trainspotting, going off the skag basically out of spite.

If annoying the piss out of those closest to you could be a motivating factor, I say grab it with both hands.

i was given a six-pack today to celebrate the new arrival. i put it in the fridge, to be polite, in the knowledge that it'll either be there until it goes off or be removed to the back of the low press after a suitable time period has elapsed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back