People Who Died (3 Viewers)

I've had this long term plan in mind that I would make happen if I won the lottery with the pure power of money... I would pay to get King's X to record and album with Steve's in Chicago. Not just any album but and album made up of the best songs from all three of their solo albums.

Oh well

Wonderful tale. Electrical will keep operating, you should still do it

100%, a friend of mine was actually in there recording this past weekend. It wasn't Albini doing the session but he said that SA's influence was all over the place.

This is the first time in a while that my twitter timeline has done that nice thing when someone dies.

What a guy. I had no idea

What a guy. I had no idea

Yeah every Xmas they do it. So lovely

Edit: did it

😢

I mentioned awhile back that I found out Gudrun was still alive and she got to 98 in the end. So she was only in her early 60s when the show was made.
The episode with Roy Kinnear as manager of local team Chistleton Athletic who draw The Mighty Rovers in the cup was my fave. George Best is drafted in to play for Chistleton but he is injured and doesn't kick a ball in the episode! I somehow didn't cop it really was George Best at the time. I only got interested in football in 1985. Super sub Supergran scored about 8 goals in the second half. Loved the theme tune sung by Billy Connolly and co written with Phil Coulter. Anyway it was great craic and I hope Supergran had a happy old age.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't know who these people are.

This lad who I love to watch/listen to that none of you like

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

posted a recommendation to read a tribute to some other guy who died which was a nice read.

I said specifically on Monday morning that I did not want to write a tribute for Forrest dying, but this isn’t about life, or death.
It’s about life and death and life and death over and over again.
Forrest and I met in the astral plane long before we showed up here, he invited me to this party, it was his idea that it would be a good time. He’s got 1 month and 4 days on me here;
Our mothers were pregnant at the same time, we were side by side for 7 months; I can’t deny that his presence was familiar then.
He told us when he was scarcely out of infancy how in a past life he was squished by a giant bouncing boulder (point lobos was in fact a volcano, that shot giant rocks all over Big Sur, as far as Jamesburg quite possibly).
“You see, he said; the earth was squishy back then, and the ground rippled when we walked on it” (easy to imagine why he gravitated so strongly to dirtboarding )
Forrest has been here for a long time.
I know he never felt that comfortable in this fleshy garb and the burden of its duties, but to make it clear he did not think his life was a joke; he pointed out the joke that anyone else made of life by taking it too seriously.
He carved Carmel out as uniquely his.
Thank god he gave it a chance and found everything neat, fun, and not square about it. His existence was an unapologetic fuck you to the affluent skanks that wash into here in denial that some people actually grow up here (yes, in the form of children, which Carmel is still trying to get rid of).
Someone pointed out not too long ago a bumper sticker on his moms car back in the early 90’s that read “question authority”, as maybe the point that Forrest went wrong, but that’s where he went right( or left).
My brothers and I grew with him side by side, I know we all considered him an actual brother, I realized quite recently that we were absolutely closer than that.. ...
We got into skateboarding together; we got into drugs together. When we met Travis Barter he showed us how to really have an adventure; we did so much, and so many crazy missions on an everyday basis, that our feet didn’t touch the ground for years.
We got into Screenprinting simultaneously but separately, my jaw hit the floor when I came from an industrial skateboard print shop to the bathroom and balcony of the white rabbit above downtown Carmel. He introduced to me, and I know many others now in the trade, to love Screenprinting with a saturated passion.
I’m in a constant striving to get back to the creative energy of the first Carmel-side print we did. Through his stoke I loved my own Platipus graphics , he has so much to do with it. He is the reason we ride dirtboards the way we do, he was 100 percent the reason I had the dirtboard races, literally to show him in contrast to anyone else.
At the first dirtboard race he showed up without a board, ran up the hill, and caught us taking the first run down; TAiT happened to be walking up with his dog, as Forrest jumped over bodhi, I swear, in a mid air split second they exchanged the board and Forrest caught up with us... ..
We clashed very strongly on drug use, but as of recently we came to a lot of understanding. The only thing I asked of him was to stay alive.. I want to be very clear that he did not fail that promise; because he actually lived his life, and he did it the way he wanted to, with the things and people he wanted in it. Also, to be able to die, is the only requirement to life itself. You simply cannot have life without death, but as he’s obviously (to me) been here before, He’ll be back again.
Again, I do not want to summarize his life here. It is far too small a fraction of how much he changed here, how brightly he shone, for how much darkness surrounded him. I wouldn’t of been who I am, or how I am, remotely, without him.
I’d say rest, (but he needs no rest, he’s already on his next adventure, we’re stuck here for a little while longer)
In peace, Forrest Rasberry Sage, dolphin-tree, Tim Bom Bedille, Mcpadden Eggleston

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back