Major Complaints Thread (2 Viewers)

Sounds like you were going loco about it, Sean. Maybe you could engineer some sort of situation where you can talk with them the next time?

I sat here for 20 minutes trying to motivate myself to call Bank of Ireland's call centre. Still haven't done it.
BOI were supposed to send me an activation code for their banking app
As usual I never got it.

Phoned up Bank of Ireland call centre.
After 35 minutes on the phone I still had no activation code for the 365 app.

The nice lad at the other end said they were not getting the request from my end. During the call I deleted and reinstalled the app and tried to log on through BoI's website - nothing worked.
I have always used the same phone number with them.

The app was forced on us for online shopping. So it is a hindrance that insists one asking me for clearance for some online purchases. Other than it doesn't do much and it was easier without it.

EDIT: Call centre lad is going to phone me back in a while.

Phoned up Bank of Ireland call centre.
After 35 minutes on the phone I still had no activation code for the 365 app.

The nice lad at the other end said they were not getting the request from my end. During the call I deleted and reinstalled the app and tried to log on through BoI's website - nothing worked.
I have always used the same phone number with them.

The app was forced on us for online shopping. So it is a hindrance that insists one asking me for clearance for some online purchases. Other than it doesn't do much and it was easier without it.

EDIT: Call centre lad is going to phone me back in a while.
Never heard back from BoI call centre.
I am not too disappointed with today's BoI events as I expect this kind of thing at this stage.

Isn't modern technology just a pile of crap?

If you’re near Nenagh, the BOI there is quite decent and they helped me get my account sorted. Might be better than ringing them.

If you’re near Nenagh, the BOI there is quite decent and they helped me get my account sorted. Might be better than ringing them.
Yeah - that is my local bank.
I at least want some guidance on when the app is likely to prevent purchases without approval e.g. nearly every time I gave to charity I had to approve it through the app.
It is an awkward piece of crap I could do without.

Yeah - that is my local bank.
I at least want some guidance on when the app is likely to prevent purchases without approval e.g. nearly every time I gave to charity I had to approve it through the app.
It is an awkward piece of crap I could do without.
I use the BOI app. You’ll need to approve virtually every online payment. It doesn’t need you to do anything but f you’re tapping your card or using your pin in a shop.
The basics are:
•Click to make a payment.
•You’ll be directed to go to your app.
•Click in to app.
•It will already be on the “approve purchase” part.
•Enter your 6 numerical pin that you use for the app.
•then you’ll be asked to “swipe” to approve.
•You then go back to your online purchase and you can tick to confirm you’re done this via your app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back