Sleep Thieves‘ debut album Heart Waves will be released this Friday and the band have lined up a 7 date Irish tour to celebrate.
State.ie are streaming the new LP this week at http://www.state.ie/news/27168-stream-the-sleep-thieves-heart-waves
Sleep Thieves released their self recorded EP, It Was Only a Satellite in 2009 to favourable reviews. AU magazine described the band as “..purveyors of bleeping marvellous electro pop with sugar spun sentiments… The EP fizzes like a sherbert flying saucer”. Since then the band have expanded their sound and played numerous live shows around the country, including supports to St Etienne, Cranes, Coco Von Napoo, Dark Room Notes, and Le Galaxie and State’s Midnight Mass. Their Whelans gig last March received notable accolades including Gig of the Week and Top ten gigs of 2010 from The Ticket (March 2010 and December 31st 2010). Jennifer Gannon of State.ie noted that Sleep Thieves are now “Harder, fitter, faster, stronger, ….not afraid to stare their audience in the face and demand that they dance and with music this melodic it would be rude not to reply with your feet. “
Heart Waves will be released on April 8th and will be available at gigs, local record shops, online at Bandcamp.com and through itunes.
- Thursday April 7th – The Workmans Club, Dublin
- Friday April 8th – The Pavillion, Cork (8pm)
- Saturday April 9th – The Roisin Dubh, Galway
- Saturday April 16th – Upstairs at Dolans, Limerick
- Thursday April 21st – Tower Records, Dublin (6:00pm)
- Saturday April 23rd – Auntie Annies, Belfast
- Thursday April 28th – The Spirit Store, Dundalk