Sam Amidon returns to Ireland in September, bringing his I See The Sign AV show to Dublin, Cork, Galway & Sligo.
Sam will be joined by Elaine Mai at most of these shows.
In this evening of solo musical performance, Sam Amidon presents his intuitive and often radical reworkings of secular ballads, gospel, folk songs, and hymns with interludes of disjunctive storytelling, field recordings, and video.
With banjo, guitar, and his gentle, eerily deadpan vocals, Amidon gives voice to the love, hardship, and heartache in these age-old songs while interjecting his own open, improvisatory impulses in narrative and song structure. Drawing from his most recent album, I See The Sign (Bedroom Community), this evening also includes projections of his own hand-drawn cartoons and short videos.
- Friday September 16th – The Model, Sligo with Elaine Mai €15 / €12 http://www.themodel.ie
- Saturday September 17th – The Sugar Club, Dublin with Elaine Mai €16.50 (including booking fee) from http://www.tickets.ie
- Wednesday September 28th – Triskel Christchurch, Tobin St, Cork, with Elaine Mai €15 seated/ €12 standing & concession https://triskelarts.ticketsolve.com
- Thursday September 29th – deBarras, Clonakilty, West Cork, €15 from http://www.debarra.ie/index.php?q=node/142
- Friday September 30th – Roisin Dubh, Galway, with Elaine Mai €10/€8 (members) from http://roisindubh.net/tickets.php