Zimbabwe (1 Viewer)

Raudi Raus Schinkel

I'm going to Zimbabwe on Monday last minute. Is it really as expensive as they say? Any restaurant recommendations please.

I Kruger National Park nice in South Africa? Do you defo need to take your Malarone?

Expensive? Well...

127957d1260874974-funny-strange-random-pics-zimbabwe-currency-2008.jpg

Do you know any locals? My cousin stayed there years ago and locals were charged something like a tenth of what foreign tourists were for hotels et al.

I wouldn't sweat it about the pills. Whatever side-effects you might get are going to be way better than getting Malaria.

How do you end up going to Zimbabwe "last minute" !!??

honeymoon is my guess.

malarone is fairly side effect free (apart from the price of it - sheesh). other people commented on the dream thing too - very vivid but not all like tripping!

Yeah Malarone is supposed to be easy enough on you. Larium leads to very very vivid dreams, is very hard on the stomach if you don't take food with it and can lead you to being a bit depressed. The first time I worked in Africa a couple of the lads I was working with stopped taking the larium and ended with Malaria, one on a drip in an Afircan hospital and the other developed when he got home and ended up on a drip too. But then there were a few lads who weren't taking pills and never got it.

Areas of Zimbabwe with Malaria: All.
If you will be visiting an area of Zimbabwe with malaria, you will need to discuss with your doctor the best ways for you to avoid getting sick with malaria.
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/zimbabwe.aspx

I've been wondering all day.Why the fuckwould anyone wanna go to Zimbabwe?

a quick google image search reveals a load of people starving, flayed, dead, or carrying guns...there's a cute baby elephant too though

have a can

I will, thanks, you smart cunt,and I'll have an auld read while I'm at it...http://wikitravel.org/en/Zimbabwe

WARNING: The outbreak of cholera in late 2008 is still an issue, and scarce running water (even in some cities), and the closing of some major hospitals make it necessary to travel with caution to Zimbabwe. Despite the formation of a unity government in March 2009, there is still a chance of political unrest. The unresolved economic crisis bears the risk of civil disorder and the situation is still shaky, particularly in the urban areas.

CHOLERA?!

Unless thats the name of some new cocktail they're talking about in the Guardian.I dont want it.

Thanks youse. I only found out on Wednesday I was going. Wrong Shane, not a honeymoon, it's a junket / busman's holiday.

Hookin up with some Dept of Foreign Affairs people in Zim and SA, a farmer few nuns and an estate agent. Got letter from Tsvangirai's communications officer so hopefully we don't have probs gettin in cameras, audio equipment and shit.

Went to the doctor guess what he told me?

He said "Girl you better take them malarones no matter what you do..." LOL

Yeah, had shots for asia before, just needed them toppin up.

If ye go anywhere near Lesotho, lemme know. Supposed to be going on a road trip to Zim soon, too, so lemme know how THAT goes. What's the job anywho?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back