Youtube channels (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Travel channel by a English guy who speaks fluent Russian. Allot of journeying around former Soviet republics like Ukraine Belarus Georgia Armenia. He repeats himself a bit but isint to serious a documenter either.

My favourite channels
I like makers mostly

Dainer Made
Aussie pallet upcycler
You get that distinct Aussie humour and an almost pathological dedication to process - you need lots of pallets to make stuff.
I don't even like half the shit he makes, but I enjoy watching him do it

The Handyman
Cocksure American, which I can live with, cos he can DO ANYTHING
Good editor, good content
An amazing breadth of knowledge and almost flawless skillset.

Blacktail Studios
Maybe my favourite channel
The guy makes very high end furniture - mostly tables - from expensive wood and epoxy
I like his delivery and he has a dry sense of humour. He's good, but understands that every vocation is a learning process.
And he has a dedication to getting things right - like he'll spend 4 hours filling and sanding a flippin' table.
He's a very good content producer, good editor etc. And uses AMAZING tools like an artist.

Odell Complete Concrete
Some Texan guy that does driveways and walls. Mostly concrete walks and paths though.
He has a very enjoyable delivery. Almost lazy, but a lifetime's knowledge behind it.
I have watched him build this wall many times.

Shawn Woods of Mousetrap Monday
The guy is a hunter that tests every single mousetrap there is
He has a very laidback, homely/folksy style. But the passion shines through with his own added innovations and his clear love of what he does.

Releases native species, feeds invasive ones to wildlife.
One of those people that reminds you that country people probably have it figured out better than us city folks who are too far up our own holes most of the time to notice.

Ireland desperately needs a home improvement show.
Not that wankology with the architect and people with shit tons of money putting in all glass rear walls so they can be in the Irish Times Weekend magazine.

Someone on TV showing you how a pro fixes a toilet, or stops a door squeaking, or change a light fixture.

Sweet.
Have to do up a list. The amount of diy, gardening and restoration videos we have watched almost every evening the last 6 months is probably weeks of hours at this stage. And if I've learned anything it's that I need to buy more tools

My favourite channels
I like makers mostly

Dainer Made
Aussie pallet upcycler
You get that distinct Aussie humour and an almost pathological dedication to process - you need lots of pallets to make stuff.
I don't even like half the shit he makes, but I enjoy watching him do it

The Handyman
Cocksure American, which I can live with, cos he can DO ANYTHING
Good editor, good content
An amazing breadth of knowledge and almost flawless skillset.

Blacktail Studios
Maybe my favourite channel
The guy makes very high end furniture - mostly tables - from expensive wood and epoxy
I like his delivery and he has a dry sense of humour. He's good, but understands that every vocation is a learning process.
And he has a dedication to getting things right - like he'll spend 4 hours filling and sanding a flippin' table.
He's a very good content producer, good editor etc. And uses AMAZING tools like an artist.

Odell Complete Concrete
Some Texan guy that does driveways and walls. Mostly concrete walks and paths though.
He has a very enjoyable delivery. Almost lazy, but a lifetime's knowledge behind it.
I have watched him build this wall many times.

Shawn Woods of Mousetrap Monday
The guy is a hunter that tests every single mousetrap there is
He has a very laidback, homely/folksy style. But the passion shines through with his own added innovations and his clear love of what he does.

Releases native species, feeds invasive ones to wildlife.
One of those people that reminds you that country people probably have it figured out better than us city folks who are too far up our own holes most of the time to notice.

Ireland desperately needs a home improvement show.
Not that wankology with the architect and people with shit tons of money putting in all glass rear walls so they can be in the Irish Times Weekend magazine.

Someone on TV showing you how a pro fixes a toilet, or stops a door squeaking, or change a light fixture.

RTE are obsessed with opulence, dermot cunting Bannon and €100k extensions.

OOOOOHHHHH
This motherfucker
Wristwatch Revival
Another example of something I would never ever do, but could watch this guy do it for an hour

Watches are bonkers. I would love a really good watch. This guy is an utter watch nerd. Just a hobbyist - it's not his job.
I cannot get enough of people with a quiet, dedicated (and infectious) passion

Last edited:
RTE are obsessed with opulence, dermot cunting Bannon and €100k extensions.
The aspiration to respectability is a curse. Particularly in Ireland and England, and particularly RTE.
Listen to Brendan O'Connor's Italian recipes at the weekend or Claire Byrnes upper middle class lifestyle shit.
These people can't even hear themselves and what spas they are (I like Brendan and Claire). But they expect half the country to pay for this kind of keep-up-with-the-Joneses shit.

Personable canadian woodworker and general all round delightfully nerdy dude

https://www.youtube.com/c/Matthiaswandel
Great stuff
If you had the few quid, would you not build yourself a workshop like that and work in it forever, subsisting off of tea, biscuits and marmalade on toast?
Make cool little bits and pieces for loved ones and die happy.

I'll just put her here as well. Laura Kampf, lovely maker who is building a 'tiny home' as a little break from a monster house renovation project. Her videos are only 20 mins, on a Sunday. Some bike stuff on there as well, I think.

I'll just put her here as well. Laura Kampf, lovely maker who is building a 'tiny home' as a little break from a monster house renovation project. Her videos are only 20 mins, on a Sunday. Some bike stuff on there as well, I think.

Love both her and Simeone Girtsch (can't remember how to spell her surname!)

I liked Laura's earlier stuff- she kinda plays to the Americanls a bit with the ' here's how this build effected my emotions' section that she always does now - she didn't do that for the first few years. I do like her stuff though.

YouTubers always end up on a renovation regardless of origin point

I'm thinking about starting a YouTube reaction channel. First time hearing led Zeppelin, first time hearing the Beatles . First time watching jaws or star wars, ect.....doing the shocked look in the thumbnail picture. Saying "buy my merch" & "hit me up on da pa tre on" ect.

OOOOOHHHHH
This motherfucker
Wristwatch Revival
Another example of something I would never ever do, but could watch this guy do it for an hour

Watches are bonkers. I would love a really good watch. This guy is an utter watch nerd. Just a hobbyist - it's not his job.
I cannot get enough of people with a quiet, dedicated (and infectious) passion

Making cheese is alright. There's an Aussie lad who makes all different cheeses on youtube that I've watched.
I'm currently out of the cheese making market, and more focused on mechanical watch servicing. There's this Birmingham Sikh lad who's cranking out top notch watch servicing content.

I love this guy above.
Almost has me convinced I could do this (I could not do this)

I love this guy above.
Almost has me convinced I could do this (I could not do this)
Ohh, no way. I was watching Marshal at the start. But this Brummie guy popped up and now I'm loving his stuff.

I've seen all these watches broken down, and you're absolutely right, you start thinking you could do it.
Yeah yeah, that's the escapment. That's the main spring. That's the crown. That might be an opposite thread. That's a complication, I don't understand that, but it's ok because it's a complication.

I have opinions now. Like, I prefer the hand wound movements over the automatic ones. I prefer the simple movements. The fucking state of me. I have one mechanical watch, and it's broken.

It is pretty though.

this is just one video a week of short memey videos, usually reliable

Ohh, no way. I was watching Marshal at the start. But this Brummie guy popped up and now I'm loving his stuff.

I've seen all these watches broken down, and you're absolutely right, you start thinking you could do it.
Yeah yeah, that's the escapment. That's the main spring. That's the crown. That might be an opposite thread. That's a complication, I don't understand that, but it's ok because it's a complication.

I have opinions now. Like, I prefer the hand wound movements over the automatic ones. I prefer the simple movements. The fucking state of me. I have one mechanical watch, and it's broken.

It is pretty though.
If I can't get a good value used Submariner or Sea Dweller, I'm getting this fucker

I love divers, this is what I wear daily

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back