Your work situation (3 Viewers)

We are all supposed to do goals at work. Like self-improvement stuff. And this is part of your review with your boss. Like he tracks how you progress or achieve these goals.

A bunch of us haven't done ours for this year yet. Email from boss yesterday.

Please see email below from HR regarding goals for FY23. Will you all please be kind enough to log into TMS and enter your goals for FY23? Anyone who enter more than 2 goals will be fired.

This is a decent gag, for me anyways

had a meeting yesterday with the boss, about my future. told him i was seriously considering jumping ship to another part of the company; he reckons he can get me a decent pay rise, but it'd mean going from a mainly technical role to a mainly process based one, so am going to reach out informally to some contacts to see what else there is in the company.

They are moving the Planning Dept away from their space which is next to the gym

And they're putting a fucking golf simulator in there. Like a real thing with gold clubs and so on.
I don't even understand why, and by extension who I am working for, and with.

The world has gone mad; there are no sensible people left in the world.
Maybe in Yorkshire.

They are moving the Planning Dept away from their space which is next to the gym

And they're putting a fucking golf simulator in there. Like a real thing with gold clubs and so on.
I don't even understand why, and by extension who I am working for, and with.

The world has gone mad; there are no sensible people left in the world.
Maybe in Yorkshire.

It sounds like the time on twitter about two years ago when everyone compared stories of the most celtic tiger type behavoir they saw.

Be nice to your LED techs.

The French, meh.

I don't work for whatever company is working there, but it's a small world, I'll probably know them, but maybe not.

Taking bookings for July now. Demand is strong,need to decide when my holidays are.

I'd be happy just to sit on the couch for a fortnight

Isn't there a week or two the whole construction industry dissapears anywhoo?
There is,I usually work those two weeks because It's the peak holiday season. In fact,I pretty much always go in mid September,no doubt this year will be the same.

Isn't there a week or two the whole construction industry dissapears anywhoo?

Traditionally the first 2 weeks of August were the "builders holidays", and even some factories still have a shutdown around then when staff are obliged to take some annual leave, but in the past 20 years or so I've noticed it be a bit more flexible with people taking a couple of weeks in the period of back half of July through to the start of August.

Taking 2 weeks off. How do people not go insane?

Typically the last two weeks in July - the CIF set it every year
I used to work for a company and that was your set holidays. I hated it.

It doesn't usually affect lads working for themselves though
The likes of Woodies is defo still open, just not sure about Builders Providers and the like.

1680719475798.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back