Your work situation (4 Viewers)

I don't think I'd be able for the drama
Even though the bar staff bought me pints, I did make a point of letting them know, once it all calmed down, I said "I really could never do what you guys do".

They were like "Yeah, we know". Fucking heroes these guys. And the Ambulance people, did more in five minutes than all of us could do in two hours.

I must commit this to record: Millwall cunt actually said "I don't think you know who I am darling". It was like being fifteen again. Apparently he invented KissFM. Didn't look like it when he was face down on the floor, shaking and frothing at the mouth.

eeny..meeny...miny...mo

(Kiss FM was founded by) Gordon 'Mac' McNamee, George Power, and Tosca Jackson, with its engineer Pyers Easton

I'm sure it was crackhead talk.

There was some fella from Meath who thought the best first aid thing to do was to call his crack dealer. This guy was "clucking", apparently. So besides the first aiding, I was also trying to deal with a bunch of well intentioned idiots.

Again, I can't do what bar staff do.

I watched EastEnders last night and it was very like Sean's story!

So.. it's a pretty realistic show

Just got the poor mouth talk off a guy with a government contract to provide accommodation to asylum seekers for a job he needs to get done.

"It's a lot of money."

It'd be terrible if you didn't have a guaranteed income stream to house people who will be stuck in the system for years meaning you shouldn't really have to worry about your ability to pay.

I just accidentally offended someone.

Sorry, but I'm not actually the font of all knowledge. I'm at a new place with a new client so, as I've already said, I don't know anything. At all.

He kissed teeth at me.

Today, I did a thing that actually impressed some people. I didn't do it very well, but since no one knew what I was doing and were very much "not my job" to do it themselves, they were very impressed. It involved a bit of danger and Yeoman boards, but that didn't stress me out at all. hashtag boatlife, hashtag crew4life.

What stressed me out was the little tiny screws and the fact that I put myself in that situation without the right screwdrivers, so I was winging it. Yes I'm a dick for that. But I got through it. Learning experience.

Also, my immediate senior has become fed up with the constant disaster that is another site. "I may tell them to give it to you" he said.

Yay, my own site.
Nay, a complete mess of a site that everyone knows is shit, and I'll be in charge of the site that everyone hates.

Today, I did a thing that actually impressed some people. I didn't do it very well, but since no one knew what I was doing and were very much "not my job" to do it themselves, they were very impressed. It involved a bit of danger and Yeoman boards, but that didn't stress me out at all. hashtag boatlife, hashtag crew4life.

What stressed me out was the little tiny screws and the fact that I put myself in that situation without the right screwdrivers, so I was winging it. Yes I'm a dick for that. But I got through it. Learning experience.

Also, my immediate senior has become fed up with the constant disaster that is another site. "I may tell them to give it to you" he said.

Yay, my own site.
Nay, a complete mess of a site that everyone knows is shit, and I'll be in charge of the site that everyone hates.

nothing worse than being given shithole to manage. you cant win. just damage control

interesting, albeit brief, discussion in work recently about outsourcing work to cheaper economies; and it confirmed some behaviour i've seen myself. lax employment law encourages dishonesty; if you mess up, you lie. because telling the truth means you're likely to lose your job, so you've nothing to lose by lying.

i've seen it a few times where people blatantly lie about things it can be proved they did; and i think one of the more interesting interactions was a few months back where there was a relatively serious incident landed in my queue, and i was telling the incident manager that no fucking way should it be in my queue, it was someone else's fuckup; and she tried to reassure me that i needn't worry about it ending up on my employment record; she is obviously used to dealing with people scared of being blamed (rightly or wrongly) for incidents.

interesting, albeit brief, discussion in work recently about outsourcing work to cheaper economies; and it confirmed some behaviour i've seen myself. lax employment law encourages dishonesty; if you mess up, you lie. because telling the truth means you're likely to lose your job, so you've nothing to lose by lying.

i've seen it a few times where people blatantly lie about things it can be proved they did; and i think one of the more interesting interactions was a few months back where there was a relatively serious incident landed in my queue, and i was telling the incident manager that no fucking way should it be in my queue, it was someone else's fuckup; and she tried to reassure me that i needn't worry about it ending up on my employment record; she is obviously used to dealing with people scared of being blamed (rightly or wrongly) for incidents.
or maybe she was lying

interesting, albeit brief, discussion in work recently about outsourcing work to cheaper economies; and it confirmed some behaviour i've seen myself. lax employment law encourages dishonesty; if you mess up, you lie. because telling the truth means you're likely to lose your job, so you've nothing to lose by lying
I presume by "lax employment law" you mean it's easy to fire people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back