Your work situation (7 Viewers)

Staff meeting. CEO mentions "staff who identify as neurodivergent". Why not just say "staff who are neurodivergent" or just "neurodivergent staff"?

I suppose the thinking is to not define the staff member by their neurodivergence, in the same way as it isn't the done thing to refer to an "autistic person" anymore and should instead use "person with autism."

The phrasing the CEO used does seem a bit clunky.

I suppose the thinking is to not define the staff member by their neurodivergence, in the same way as it isn't the done thing to refer to an "autistic person" anymore and should instead use "person with autism."

The phrasing the CEO used does seem a bit clunky.
A PERSON EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS is the clunkiest.

First they came with the “service users” talk, but I did not speak up...

A PERSON EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS is the clunkiest.

First they came with the “service users” talk, but I did not speak up...

The person I know that worked in the place on Little Britain St calls them 'service users'

She kept calling them that when one of the service users burnt the place down and put everyone back on the street

I could tell she wanted to use other words though

Because not everyone who has ASD, ADHD, etc. identifies as neurodivergent.
This is an odd one. Whether a person "identifies as" or not they are medically classified as neuro divergent?

This is an odd one. Whether a person "identifies as" or not they are medically classified as neuro divergent?
It’s not a medical definition, it’s a socially constructed one. The medical definitions are ASD, ADHD, dyspraxia, etc.

Almost finished a 120 page eu grant application which has eaten the past month of my life.
The only saving Grace has been that I’ve been working with a former friend and band mate who I’ve not had much to do with since he left Ireland in 2010. Our very different paths bought us to a point where we’d be collaborating again on something very different than music.
Isn’t life funny all the same…

I think I hate one of my jobs which is really cushty and people are jealous of me for having said job. Ego and politics. People are fucking pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• T
  • Deadmanposting
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back