Your work situation (10 Viewers)

the fucking horror
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm anti-vax now

I'm anti-vax now

ah, it's a spoof on this sketch it seems

I started a new job on Monday. There was an emergency all staff meeting halfway through my induction on Tuesday where the news was broken that big changes were coming that were completely out of our control but everyone knows it means job losses. Lol. I'm actually going to be grand in all likelihood and there are plenty of jobs elsewhere if not!

many years ago, on the very morning i started in my current job, my new boss basically just disappeared for an hour or two. i knew something urgent had cropped up but didn't know what, but i was left sitting there twiddling my thumbs. it turned out that the person from HR whose job it was to upload an excel file to the company intranet, with everyone's contact details on it, had accidentally uploaded an excel file to the intranet with everyone's salary on it.

Our major supplier told their customer services people, the people I talk to, that they were being fired and they had a couple of months to train up their replacements who are all working out of an office in Mexico.

They did what I would want to do and did close to fuck all to train their replacements and just did their normal jobs until their finish date on January 14th.

Chaos since. I've sent in about a half dozen orders with no acknowledgments, nor can I get any responses to questions about existing orders.

It's very frustrating as someone trying to run a business but at the same time I'm delighted for the suits who fired the old crew, they've really fucked up, not the fault of the new people if they can't do it. Management failure.

Can't do a "burrrrn" emoji. but well done to them. Surely if we've learned anything over these last two years, it's that essential workers are essential. You can't just replace them with cheaper people from Mexico, or whereever.

And people shouldn't be cheap anyway.

half my job these days seems to be dealing with people who were hired because they were half the price; but because they're half the price, no one wants to invest any money in actually training them the same way you would with more expensive employees. and you end up needing five times the number of employees.

Someone leaving in work, in her leaving do thing on zoom. Everyone saying how great she is. I know half these people are Yanks, but man it's sweet all the same. Fuck me I wish my workmates liked me as much as they like this woman

11 notifications on my Linkedin profile. Most of it rubbish actually. But what should I do?

I think I added my cousin 3 months ago, but I only have about five people in my connections or whatever.

Is it better to just totally commit to that platform, make myself look as good as possible on it, or just entirely leave it. Right now, it's there, I don't look at it too much, and I think that looks like laziness on my part. I'm just there to see what's going on.

It's like a FB that affects your paycheque.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Deadmanposting
  • T
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back