Your work situation (6 Viewers)

I just got a call from the office. "Highly Confidential seanc, but...", it began.

I decided to delete that. Pricks them.

Last edited:
My colleague seems to have been fired for being useless. I was asked for feedback on his performance and tried to be a bit positive but really he was even worse at the job than me and it was embarrassing to suggest out loud that he wasn't that bad. As if I actually think that is an example of doing something well.

My colleague seems to have been fired for being useless. I was asked for feedback on his performance and tried to be a bit positive but really he was even worse at the job than me and it was embarrassing to suggest out loud that he wasn't that bad. As if I actually think that is an example of doing something well.
I'd usually say "he's got potential", "people like him", "he's young and he's learning", "he's older and he's learning a new job, that takes time", "he comes from a different company/country/culture". most often I'll say "Well you've already made a decision, so I'm not sure why you're bothering to ask me. But yeah, he's shit. I told you that months ago".

they have what are called '360 reviews' in our place - it's optional for a manager to choose them for his underlings, but it basically means that their peers on other teams are asked to provide feedback for their annual reviews. i usually refuse to take part in that. i have occasionally mailed the manager in question directly when i've been asked for feedback on someone i like and say i like them, but i sure as shit am not getting involved in an official process, it's unfair and i'm not paid enough for that.

re: my earlier deleted post...

I've to write an email now, just clarifying what I said earlier in the phone call. And also to get something in writing. I mispoke on the call I think. I think I'm ok, and that most of the lads are ok, and I don't actually know that much about what happened. I do want to extricate the innocent lads from the incident, no matter how shit they are generally.

I'm doing this in my free time. I'm also not paid enough for this. Self employment while not actually being self employed is AMAZING.

4 hour "mandatory audience participation " zoom call today. It cant be as bad as yesterday's session when a colleague accidentally signed in using his personal Cuntface account and it too way too long to notice that everyone could see that name displayed.

they have what are called '360 reviews' in our place - it's optional for a manager to choose them for his underlings, but it basically means that their peers on other teams are asked to provide feedback for their annual reviews. i usually refuse to take part in that. i have occasionally mailed the manager in question directly when i've been asked for feedback on someone i like and say i like them, but i sure as shit am not getting involved in an official process, it's unfair and i'm not paid enough for that.
We used to have them where I am now, I always just took the opportunity to say nice things about my workmates. In my previous job when I was a manager I once sought out peer reviews for a guy on my team who was breaking my heart - everyone was more than happy to stick the knife in (in fairness he was a total headwrecker)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back