Your work situation (7 Viewers)

Retarded, and moron are both words that were official terms for special needs at points but because people are such a bag of dicks they morphed them into insults over time so new terminology keeps having to be invented to seperate the language being used professionally from the language being used at large.

Add spastic to that list

Is stupid ok to say?

I'm torn between "words evolve" and "god I don't care, i'll just stop using the dumb stupid words because I don't actually want to offend people"

I can learn some new words, right?

Last edited:
unless you're a retarded spastic, with learning problems, and difficulty reading.

Which... you know..
Back in the 90s many people used to call things "gay" just meaning "rubbish," i'm sure you remember. Very similar to how people call things "cringe" now, it had that aspect to it.

It had absolutely no homophobic connotations to most people who used it that I ever came across, but over time it became clear that others didn't see it that way and as far as I can see it has completely died out in polite discourse. Like, yeah i'm ok with that.

There was some yoke on TV that people were talking about, and they were calling people filthy knackers (?), which rubbed me up the wrong way a bit.

But then I sort of like the term knackered.

Haha, gay, right, I used to hang around with a gay guy who called loads of things gay. Old habits I suppose.

always meant traveller where i grew up. a knacker is essentially someone who slaughters horses for a living, became associated with travellers in the same way tinker did i imagine.

always meant traveller where i grew up. a knacker is essentially someone who slaughters horses for a living, became associated with travellers in the same way tinker did i imagine.
^This. It started to include the less desirable elements of our urban communities in the 80s I think?

And I tend to think of "knackered" in the old, horse-related sense. You've worked so hard that you're now only fit for slaughter (and to be turned into glue and dog food).

Cancelled. Cos it's shit

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

also this..because it's in my head now

remember there was a very offensive term for the opening of a penis? what do you call it now?

We play those rude/funny/stupid quiz's on the zooms. We have a friend who spells that word as "Japsai", as if she genuinely thinks it's some kind of Japanese word. Our part-Japanese friend is just bemused.

Also:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back