Your work situation (3 Viewers)

My retirement plan is to stop when I'm unable to work or when I just can't get any work. I wish I was a bit more together and less clueless about the future when I was younger instead of trying to play catch up with 25 year olds in my 40s.

Don't get me wrong, he's happy enough and has hobbies, but Covid-aside, all the see-the-world plans he had he's lost interest in. Too nervous about getting ill or injured abroad I think.
FWIW my folks have been to South America, India and Russia since they retired. Mostly on those organised tour things

I work with the ongoing lottery that at any time day or night i could have a resurgence of chronic pain things that puts me out of work for the rest of my life and the associated medicinces would see me not making it past 50 something. That has meant my view of work is very different to everyone elses fair enough,but on the other hand i also kinda know what its like to be much older and unable to do things already. For those reasons i will probably continually seek out jobs that have low hours and flexible time because for me its very much a case of being able to live a bit now, so do it. I powerhosed the shed this morning, I'm really living every day to the max here.

A facilitator for my team in work got team t-shirts printed that have a picture of my face and the words "I gave up on my dreams and all I got was this lousy t-shirt". Just got out of a zoom meeting where one of my team-mates was wearing a t-shirt with me on it. I kinda love it and am weirded out by it at the same time.

A facilitator for my team in work got team t-shirts printed that have a picture of my face and the words "I gave up on my dreams and all I got was this lousy t-shirt". Just got out of a zoom meeting where one of my team-mates was wearing a t-shirt with me on it. I kinda love it and am weirded out by it at the same time.
What the hell’s a facilitator?

And what’s a team retro when it’s at home?
0*n0T4ikZep1o4YMfc.png

FWIW since I started this job I've found meeting facilitators to be super-valuable. Large meetings anyplace I ever worked would be either pure chaos or dominated by 1 or 2 people. It's really useful having someone who has no skin in the game hold people to the agenda and make sure everyone has a say

FWIW since I started this job I've found meeting facilitators to be super-valuable. Large meetings anyplace I ever worked would be either pure chaos or dominated by 1 or 2 people. It's really useful having someone who has no skin in the game hold people to the agenda and make sure everyone has a say
This is true.

I virtually can't do my job any more.

As can be probably seen by my thumped posting history.

I... no longer can. I can not. It's not great at all. I'm not even sure if it's burn out, or no longer giving a fuck at this point. I Should probably take some time off.

Has anyone else just kind of... ceased being able to do shit properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back