Your work situation (8 Viewers)

the fucking horror
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When I started my current job there was a large group starting at the same time and we had to do this induction training stuff for the first while. At the end we were told we had to prepare little party pieces in groups of two or three and perform them in front of the board on friday afternoon. It was a total nightmare for me trying to prepare a choreographed dance thing but it turned out to be a joke and we didn't have to perform it. Some of the others did perform their pieces anyway.

the fucking horror

Finding the new job really hard to get used to. I think I’m starting to get my head around what I’m supposed to do but it’s everything else that’s weird.

In my last place we had to email a supervisor with a list of any times we were away from the desk, so basically tell them how many times you pissed in a day.
Also annual leave dates were asked for 6 months in advance. We got around that a little by asking for the odd day off in person so there was nothing written down to say it was outside of the 6 months.
In the new place I think I’m starting to annoy them because I’m emailed them whenever I’m a bit delayed (like 5 mins) doing something, when they just expect to manage my own time, and I was just told that obviously I can have Christmas Eve off if I want it.

People seem nice and normal, no one is passed out drunk outside the building (that was a co-worker), no screaming matches between couples having office affairs (actually that’s the same co-worker) and no worrying that another co-worker is going to follow through on the shooting people talk.... it’s weird.

Finding the new job really hard to get used to. I think I’m starting to get my head around what I’m supposed to do but it’s everything else that’s weird.

In my last place we had to email a supervisor with a list of any times we were away from the desk, so basically tell them how many times you pissed in a day.
Also annual leave dates were asked for 6 months in advance. We got around that a little by asking for the odd day off in person so there was nothing written down to say it was outside of the 6 months.
In the new place I think I’m starting to annoy them because I’m emailed them whenever I’m a bit delayed (like 5 mins) doing something, when they just expect to manage my own time, and I was just told that obviously I can have Christmas Eve off if I want it.

People seem nice and normal, no one is passed out drunk outside the building (that was a co-worker), no screaming matches between couples having office affairs (actually that’s the same co-worker) and no worrying that another co-worker is going to follow through on the shooting people talk.... it’s weird.
obviously not a civil service job so

My place is so vague that I made up my own timetable for myself.

Are you fucking serious? And like ... what were the consequences if you didn't do this stuff?

Are you fucking serious? And like ... what were the consequences if you didn't do this stuff?
You lose the perk of getting off calls for maybe a day every two weeks, and we were all trying to get moved to other sections so can’t get in to the bad books with management. It sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• T
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back