Your work situation (6 Viewers)

"I do not admit that a wrong has been to those people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race or at any rate a more worldly-wise race, to put it that way, has come in and taken their place. I do not admit it."?
I mean, in fairness, not too far.

Ye just work directly on laptops all the time? No external screens or keyboards/mice or anything?

i have a lovely big 4K external monitor in work (and a mouse), but at home i usually just use the laptop on its own.
Same as Pete really. In the office we have docking stations which are connected to big monitors, keyboards, mice, printers etc. Some people asked to have that stuff sent out to them. I just work on the laptop. I like to put it away in its bag when the working day is done. I've a compact wireless keyboard and mouse, and we have a headset connected too because we also use the laptop for phones.

I'm actually hoping that when things get back to normal we'll be going in more for a mix of home working and hot desking (with standing desks). We'd been talking about something like that for a while, so hoping it will happen.

Yeah, I used to have 2 monitors in the office. Missed them for a little while when I started working from home but I've been working on a laptop ever since. Even the odd day I do go in to the office I bring in the laptop and work off that.

I've hit the wall in terms of working from home, or indeed working full stop.
now just have to fake my own death so the mortgage is paid off
Yup, I hear you. I'm also trying to do my last year of college online too. It fucking sucks balls. I'm getting through it but fuck...

Got out of bed this morning at 8 and went straight to my computer and started working. Literally just sent my last email and crawled into bed. This is no life
If it’s any consolation I’m working 7 days a week from 6:30am to 7pm, not including commute - I can’t do the early and late part of the work from home so drive in twice a day. I haven’t had breakfast or dinner with the family for about two weeks.

That was my last two weeks. It's calmed down now because it's Thanksgiving in the US, although a disturbing amount of them are still working this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back