Your work situation (7 Viewers)

The new dog hasn't experienced fireworks yet, he better not be all mental! Although e's mental about pretty much everything so I don't hold out much hope.
We never did crate training with ours but it seems like it would be handy for this type of situation. Also if we ever want to bring him on a ferry. I don't really have a place to put a giant dog crate though.

We never did crate training with ours but it seems like it would be handy for this type of situation. Also if we ever want to bring him on a ferry. I don't really have a place to put a giant dog crate though.

The dog I'm minding has a huge crate which I've just dismantled as it's taking up half the kitchen. His real home is huge so they probably don't even notice it. He hasn't used it at all as he's sleeping in the bed with me and the other dogs, his owner told me he can't negotiate stairs, well he can now :D

Mrs Spider and her shit loads of babies in my office/shed
View attachment 14299

I painted the sitting room yesterday and spent AGES trapping spiders in a lunch box and releasing them outside, I could only catch one at a time for fear they'd overwhelm me. I had to get on with the work so ended up just scooping them onto the floor to take their chances. I tried!

so what kind of compensation are people getting from their employers to cover working from home expenses?

I get an extra couple of quid (20 I think?) a month and they will cover my phone bill if i'm bothered submitting it. I think I can charge them to help set up my home office, if such a thing existed.

Nothing for ongoing expenses but we got £200 to cover chairs and any other equipment and were able to get monitors delivered.

They gave us web cams to use on client calls. I hate webcams. Stupid thing can't be plugged into the USB on the monitor but has to be plugged in to the PC itself.

A few things I immediately noticed; I need a shave, I have way too much stuff on my shelves, a semi naked poster of Vampirella in the background is probably "not professional"

Anyone know an easy way of adding a generic background to Teams calls?

Press the button with three little dots and it's in there somewhere. I just found it yesterday. Unfortunately most of my calls are webex
I think there is a difference between the desktop version and the app version. Whichever one I am using, the "desktop" I assume, doesn't have the option I need

I can't figure out how to sort it

Someone has bought our company. No idea what this means to my situation just yet, but

fucking hell

When big companies take over smaller companies it's traditional for them to keep on the 50 year old long timers who are set in their ways, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back