Your work situation (18 Viewers)

But a tax relief?! Fuck sake
Do I get tax relief for having to charge my power tool batteries and work laptop battery occasionally at night in my home? Do I fucking what?
'if i can't have it, you can't either'
asking most companies for a raise right at this moment in time... yeah, that'll go down well.

it's lucky this happened just as the weather got insanely dry and warm. if you were in a house which was unoccupied from 8am to 6pm during the week, and this happened during the winter, you can expect your heating bills would shoot up. someone spending a thousand quid a year on heating could end up spending €5 per day more if they have to work from home.
charging a battery doesn't enter into it.

Somebody please post idiot-proof step-by-step instructions for this tax thing if you figure it out, thanks
I don't think the information out there is great. The thrust of it as far as I can gather is that your employer is supposed to give you more money (the 2 something a day that @riath mentioned) and they can claim that back themselves through employer PRSI. If your company isn't doing that for you, you can still claim at the end of the year by sending a message to Revenue via their My Enquiries portal. That seems pretty haphazard, the equivalent of sending an email asking for cash instead of, like, filling out a form. It's probably just that they don't have a more formal application in place. They may well do before the end of the year. You can't claim back individually until then anyway.

You think availing of the schemes that are set up to provide assistance to those who need it is self entitlement?

No,

Clearly that's not what I said.

Perhaps Yeah a scheme is required in this emergency pandemic time but as a long term solution, it's not really sensible.
They are work expenses.
Work should pay for it.

'if i can't have it, you can't either'
asking most companies for a raise right at this moment in time... yeah, that'll go down well.

it's lucky this happened just as the weather got insanely dry and warm. if you were in a house which was unoccupied from 8am to 6pm during the week, and this happened during the winter, you can expect your heating bills would shoot up. someone spending a thousand quid a year on heating could end up spending €5 per day more if they have to work from home.
charging a battery doesn't enter into it.

You must have missed where I mentioned the principal of work expenses.

when the closure of buildines was announced in our UK wing, some people initially claimed they'd refuse to comply. one reason given was an increased likelihood of their house burning down in the event their laptop charger caught fire.

when the closure of buildines was announced in our UK wing, some people initially claimed they'd refuse to comply. one reason given was an increased likelihood of their house burning down in the event their laptop charger caught fire.

Ok.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what point you're making. All I got from that was that some people are morons

No,

Clearly that's not what I said.

Perhaps Yeah a scheme is required in this emergency pandemic time but as a long term solution, it's not really sensible.
They are work expenses.
Work should pay for it.
I'm sorry but i can't read it any other way. I'm all for improving how the system works and voting in a better government to make it all work fairer, but if right now there's a scheme for claiming money from the government yourself instead of your employer then I don't think it's self-entitled to do so.

Just flagging that because all the rich companies (people with computers) now % work from home their megacorp facilities are all going to drop in value. Dublins docklands will soon return to its former glory.

I'm sorry but i can't read it any other way. I'm all for improving how the system works and voting in a better government to make it all work fairer, but if right now there's a scheme for claiming money from the government yourself instead of your employer then I don't think it's self-entitled to do so.

It's not Self-entitled to do so, now, given the current situation, agreed.

lol

your "i was doing it before it went mainstream" tracks exactly with the wikipedia page, which is very clearly written by preppers; with a lot of effort going into who coined which term, and when, and piles defensive talk about being misunderstood by the amused public

latest

I feel like I want to steer mine closer to a medieval tech cult tbh, slowly turning the mc mansion owning extra suburban irish male into smallholders to boost circular econics IDK.

ie SFA.

Less than €100 a year

Yeah the only really notable thing about it is that sometimes it has to run overnight to move files which put me in the habit of just leaving it on constantly, doing that all the time it goes from 100 a year to about 350.

Or if we ever see the office again with its 16 machines then a nightly shutdown routine would be worth a fair bit to us.

But for me, at home, 2eu a week isn't a concern. I probably spend that driving there in one day.

I've been working from home since 13 March but in recent weeks I've returned to the office on a one day a week basis. None of the rest of my team are there, place is like a ghost town and I feel safe enough. I like working from home in terms of time saved but I have been getting wild cabin feverish, and going back to my workplace has been a bit of relief. For some of the work I do, not having the two monitor set up I have in the office is really frustrating too.

I'm tempted to go to an 80% work pattern at some point and work from home half the time. Ie 2 days home, 2 days in office, 3 day weekend, not sure I can afford it but not sure I can afford not to.

I've been working from home since 13 March but in recent weeks I've returned to the office on a one day a week basis. None of the rest of my team are there, place is like a ghost town and I feel safe enough. I like working from home in terms of time saved but I have been getting wild cabin feverish, and going back to my workplace has been a bit of relief. For some of the work I do, not having the two monitor set up I have in the office is really frustrating too.

I'm tempted to go to an 80% work pattern at some point and work from home half the time. Ie 2 days home, 2 days in office, 3 day weekend, not sure I can afford it but not sure I can afford not to.
Thing to remember is you won’t lose 20% of your take home pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back