Your work situation (5 Viewers)

Class. They didn't link to the paper either, or am I missing it?

Should IT readers just be happy that they think "TCD scientists" said it, and that's all we need to know?

Brain Energy. They should have handed it to the Lifestyle lads to root up a picture of a person, preferably in a yoga pose, with lines and arrows and force fields all shooting out of their brain, with maybe a nice psychedelic background.

Either way, I'll need that linky.
They never link to the original article (though in fairness Journal of Neuroscience hadn’t updated their site at the time that the IT had covered the story).

(And the secret brain energy? Let’s just call it.... glucose.)

Either way, I'll need that linky

Nice.

Not cool breaking all those old people's hips though.

Ugh. Borrowed a grand to buy gear for small side job of a friend of a friends pub.
Pretty sure them not being able to open for 2 weeks means they're going to have trouble paying me and I cant pay the suppliers. FFS

We’ve gotten a good bit of stuff done around the place over the last few weeks. If it’s something that has to be done, they might be happy to have it off their To Do list and willing to pay.

Are you lot applying for the working from home tax thing? I didn't plan to, because working from home is class now. But, Im fairly broke.

Do you not need to give the number of days you’re working from home to get the relief, if the job don’t give it to you directly?

Tax relief for working at home?
The money not being spent on commuting would be at least something I'd have thought
that was kind of my thinking of it. i don't think it is very much, like €4 a week to cover extra electricity costs?

It’s about €2.40 or something a day tax free from the employeer and close to that through tax refunds if you apply yourself. It’s to cover internet, electricity and all. I had a look at it a while ago but I didn’t know how long I’d be working from home for, so left it.

so between this, your efficient use of rubbish, and whatever you've been growing, how close to becoming a full-on prepper are you these days?

I think I could go about 3 weeks on the spuds here if I can nail down a good drinking water supply.
TBH I think i was a prepper before it was the lifestyle choice of the paranoid millionaire.
But to answer the question, very, very close.

I think I could go about 3 weeks on the spuds here if I can nail down a good drinking water supply.
TBH I think i was a prepper before it was the lifestyle choice of the paranoid millionaire.
But to answer the question, very, very close.
lol

your "i was doing it before it went mainstream" tracks exactly with the wikipedia page, which is very clearly written by preppers; with a lot of effort going into who coined which term, and when, and piles defensive talk about being misunderstood by the amused public

latest

It’s about €2.40 or something a day tax free from the employeer and close to that through tax refunds if you apply yourself. It’s to cover internet, electricity and all. I had a look at it a while ago but I didn’t know how long I’d be working from home for, so left it.

I would have thought the employer would cover Any additional costs since they are saving money in not having to spend monies in office services like power/water/etc or even massive overheads like unnecessarily renting a large office,
and adjust payslips accordingly.
Just add a small subsidy on there.
Wouldn't say it would be particularly difficult to work out.

It would stand to reason that if they need you to remotely access their servers during work hours they should contribute to your broadband costs.
Or develop a deal with providers

But a tax relief?! Fuck sake
Do I get tax relief for having to charge my power tool batteries and work laptop battery occasionally at night in my home? Do I fucking what?

If I'm on 24hr call for a week and have to have my workphone on me, charged at all times, I get an on-call payment, regardless of having to answer any phone or go to any sites.
That covers having to use extra electricity to charge my phone.

If people feel they are spending more of their wages on working from home,
Ask for a raise

I would have thought the employer would cover Any additional costs since they are saving money in not having to spend monies in office services like power/water/etc or even massive overheads like unnecessarily renting a large office,
and adjust payslips accordingly.
Just add a small subsidy on there.
Wouldn't say it would be particularly difficult to work out.

It would stand to reason that if they need you to remotely access their servers during work hours they should contribute to your broadband costs.
Or develop a deal with providers

But a tax relief?! Fuck sake
Do I get tax relief for having to charge my power tool batteries and work laptop battery occasionally at night in my home? Do I fucking what?

If I'm on 24hr call for a week and have to have my workphone on me, charged at all times, I get an on-call payment, regardless of having to answer any phone or go to any sites.
That covers having to use extra electricity to charge my phone.

If people feel they are spending more of their wages on working from home,
Ask for a raise

TLDR:

Stop Trying to make everyone else pay because you or your employer is dragging their arse about your expenses

If WFH is costing you too much money, talk to your superior / actally go to work and work from there / contact HR / join a union /
Just stop trying to wrangle Effort and time and money out of a government.
Massive bang of Self-entitlement from it.

You think availing of the schemes that are set up to provide assistance to those who need it is self entitlement?

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back