Your work situation (18 Viewers)

I managed to turn up half an hour late to my last 3-hour video conference, thank god. We dont have too many of them though. Hating working from home, so I am. The commute is alright.
Yeah me too for the most part. Need to readjust my thinking or it's a downward spiral.

The calls and emails we're currently dealing with are even more polarised than usual. Normally it is mostly people who are nutural and then the outliers who are either really lovely or Entitled Rude Assholes (ERA) for short. We're absolutely inundated with contacts by email and over the phone, can't even look at actual submitted complaints and every single call is either a really lovely person or an ERA - with way too many ERAs.

I actually came very close to telling someone to Fuck off and die earlier. Instead I advised him to book his flights with a different airline in future, the one that REALLY hates its passengers.

Edit: And I did tell one guy that we could only act within the powers we were granted by the Minister for Transport and his Department, so he should address his complaint to them.

We have to fill out an online Location Request Form every morning at 6:30am

To state where we are working from

This is my morning

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They got on your ass as "delinquent" if you don't do it and start calling people out on the company call

Still seems unreasonable to ask you to check in 30 minutes before you are supposed to start working. We all just have to make sure we're "live" on Microsoft Teams by our start time.
I should have been clearer, they send it out at 6:30
So it pings all of your company devices then

They don't count you as delinquent unless you don't respond at all
But they mention it all the time on the company call - so you know they are monitoring it - and they are all about metrics and KPIs
Also, with every day being the same, by noontime, it's impossible to remember if you did it or not, so best to do it first thing

Some of the pressure is from them, some if it is me putting it on myself to respond at 6:30am with a view to 'performing' well at WFH, so they make it a more permanent thing

Apols that this answer is longer than it has any right to be (I'm in a MS Teams meeting)

I wrote a bunch of contracts on Monday and yesterday and I got to call them all 4/20 contracts

Which is a weed reference

So I'm still a rebel

Oh yeah

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
  • pete
  • chris d
  • ernesto
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back