Your work situation (5 Viewers)

Work gave us a whole pile of IT stuff to allow us to work from home. I had to do my own search for software that would work on my (old) mac. Still doesn't work.

fixed the main problem I was having with this. Now I know it's a simple "old version" problem. Looks like I'll be going to the office. Not really a problem, there'll only be two of us in the section. Surrounded by cleaning products and hand sanitisers.

Finding a lot of people "dont" have a pc or laptop at home.

Ah I dunno - My sis is in bother now because she only has a clapped out laptop she cant afford to replace that she just used to email the family for the past few years. I have a ten year old macbook and granted I'd enough knowledge to cajole it into covering work until I could take home one of the work machines. I don't have one because when i go to work there are ten of them. Why would anyone want to rebuild work at home?

how terribly inconvenient for them

i wonder how quickly they'd find one if they weren't getting paid if they weren't working
While I appreciate these are not normal circumstances and so many people and companies are being dropped in it, if you’re expected to work from home (or even given permission) it should be up to the employer to source a laptop for you.

The dole website is clogged up with new born doleys
I shouldn't have bothered me bollix with the scratcher, my boss is sorting out the covid wage subsidy for us..which is great tbh ,I wasn't expecting it

Also..I have a ridiculous amount of computers of one type or another and I'm actually hoping to pick up another one soon for the linux tinkering

A co worker brought he lappy in for me to set up so that she could work from home. Opened it... screen completely fucked, like it suffered a fall or was struck. 'when was the last time you used this?' 'can't remember'.

I shouldn't have bothered me bollix with the scratcher, my boss is sorting out the covid wage subsidy for us..which is great tbh ,I wasn't expecting it

Did you apply to DEASP already? If you did, they might but be able to run it through payroll. I think you can cancel your application though. Maybe give them a call to find out.

It's nice that all you smug nerds are happy but I'm having a heck of a time without paper. I had to sellotape a cake skewer to my screen so I can tell if I'm on subsection 5(c) or subsection 5(a)(iii)(c) as I scroll up and down the three docs that have to share a tiny screen over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back